10|

"Konsa dulha? Rishtey se inkaar ho gaya hai." Ayna said.

"Kya matlab? Subah tak to sab thik tha." The other one said turning to Paro, "Paro koi baat hui hai?"

"Bhai ko to satta vatta nahi karna." Paro baji said, her voice had some kind of pain that surely isn't just because of no from the proposal

"Wo kya hota hai?" The other one looked at her questioningly. Paro baji's paternal family belongs to Punjab.

"Exchange offer." Ayna being the smartest cleared.

We got our work done and now waiting outside for the car to arrive.

"Tumhe to mohabbat thi na un se?" The other one said again.

"Unhe nahi hai."

"Lekin..." Before the other could say anything further Atiqa walked to them, "Rabia aapi bas bahut hua kab se dekh rahe hai Bhai ko leke kyu baat kiye Jaa Rahi hain."

Rabia aapi didn't utter a single word then on. Atiqa held Paro baji's hand and brought her toward us. Soon a driver came and picked rest of them leaving four us.

I could think of anything she loved him, he had a clear option to live with a girl like her —homely and pretty. What am I infront of her?

He came to pick us up Lulu sat with Atiqa and Paro baji leaving front seat for me. It's nothing new to me now. The car ride was utter silent. I glance at him, he is too focused on road to even feel concerned about it. The way he behaves is literally more enchanting than his looks which I've started noticing recently. I had never exchanged a single a word with my father after that day and he is so good and obedient to his father that nothing against his will have ever happened.

If I'm feeling attracted to him because of his calmness, care and respectful behaviour then for Paro baji he was always there near her how can she not look at him in other ways. Our nikah is also not yet announced to others.

"Dua!" His voice made me look straight, car isn't moving anymore. I turned back no-one is there, on my left the duo are waiting outside and we are at home.

I clicked opened the seatbelt.

"Sab thik hai na?" His concern again.

"Tum is rishtey ko kyu mauka dena chahte ho?" I settle back instead of going out.

"Rishta Allah ne joda hai. Aur nikah koi mazak nahi hota." His tone was incomprehensible.

"Agar main waisi life partner na sabit hui jaisi tumhe chahiye tb kya karoge? Abbu ki tarah dusri shaadi kar loge?" He turns off the engine or whatever and looks at me.

"Nahi. Tumhare saath rehne ke baare me kaafi socha hai hum ne aur hume dar hai ki kahin hum tumhare life partner k paimane pe khade ho paye to. Tum dusre mulk me rahi ho phir Delhi jaise sheher me aur hum yaha Lucknow me kafi mashriki andaz me."

I can't say anything. These are my concerns that he is voicing out. For few minutes we didn't speak anything, before this silence could turn into embarrassment I came out of the car.

We left for the room that we three were alloted, changing into night suit which is the most thinnest cotton suit I found in my bag, I was sitting near the mirror doing my skincare. Lulu is in bathroom and Atiqa on the bed munching chips as we literally skipped dinner, when everyone left for dinner we came back home.

"Tumne meri mummy ko dekha hai?" I asked brushing my hair.

"Han. Bahut khubsurat thin, bilkul parion jaisi." She looks at me with squinty eyes. "Tum unhi ki tarah dikhti ho." I look at my reflection. "Wahi neeli aankhein, bhure silky baal, gulabi rangat hubahu unhi ki tarah." Maybe yes.