8|

We reached reached at Lucknow this wholesome family in this big haveli kinda house is waiting for us. After a small meet and greet girls came together on the terrace.

And trust me when I say I've lots of cousins I do have.

"Dilli kaisa hai?" Paro baji sat beside me, few more came and sat beside us making a circle.

"Accha hai." I smiled at her.

"Accha to hoga hi Delhi dil walo ka sheher jo hai." Ayna excitedly wiggled in her place she is a high schooler. Ofcourse for her big cities are best just how I used to think, only if she knew how means people are there how they steal your project ideas, how they cancel you just for not matching their STANDARDS aka VIBE, how they try to change you instead of getting along the way you are. And at the end they say we're good people.

HIPOCRACY.

"Atiqa kahan bahar walon me baithi ho idhar aao." Someone said I can't remember her name.

"Ye Dua hai aapi ap bhul gai hai kya?" Atiqa said tangling her arms with mine. "Aur ye Lubna hai humari Delhi wali dost." She intertwined her left arms with Lulu. I almost forgot her name for a moment.

"Waise to ye Kolkata k hain Delhi se B. A ki hain." Atiqa settled between us.

"Accha." The other one said feeling dejected.

"Unko chodiye." Ayna took my hands to get my attention. "Ap bilkul Delhi wali nahi lag Rahi hai."

"Apko kya laga Delhi walo ke sar pe Singh Lage hote hai." Lulu said and soon bite her tongue, her blabbering habit will take her down sometime for sure.

"Lekin aesthetic ke deewane zarur lagte hain." Ayna said with same enthusiasts.

"Han wo to hai lekin zindagi ki aur paison ki chapped sab aesthetic nichod k nikal deti hai. Especially hum transfer students ki." Ayna turned to her to know more, they are literally alike with the tone they are using.

I looked at Atiqa she giggled after this is the Lulu who was scared to come here after knowing the total number of people live here.

After talking with Paro baji one thing was sure she is still not aware of Atiq Bhai's talk with B mamma.

Paro baji made a WhatsApp group and decided to go to parlour as the wedding functions are starting from this weekend. The main leads are ofcourse Atiqa and Atiq Bhai.

"Mujhe laga main tumhari shadi pe aai hu." Lulu said when we three came out of the cousin troop.

"Meri shaadi k to abhi kisi ko pata bhi nahi hai." I was so invested in connecting my earbuds with mobile to notice Lulu's dramatic landing on swing, which made Atiqa laugh.

"Main ne kaha tha tumhari football team hai."

I turned to her, Atiqa wasn't holding her laugh at all and it wasn't helping me.

"Shut up Lulu."

I was looking down at the porch area when my playlist decided to shuffle and play Koi Fariyad by Jagjit Singh.

I started finding him there he is in white salwar kurta sleeves folded, hair was set in perfect slick look.

He is working along with some elder cousins; they are preparing some list. All of sudden he looked up. I instinctly sat down, how come he knows I was looking at him. My action brought the duo next to me they peeped out of the railing and shared a teasing smile. I immediately stood up composing myself. He isn't looking here anymore.

"Pehla pehla pyar hai pehli pehli baar hai." Lulu ki bachi pitegi humse.

-----------------

After dinner I was in the backyard, this place is still the same as those weeks that I spent here.

Lots of flowers are lined up coordinating colour, making path to stroll around. Tea tables, swings and fixed concrete benches were placed elegantly around. These stream-like, along the path have the clearest water in them.

Shit! My legs. It trips and I close my eyes to land in the water.

Wait! I'm saved.

I open my eyes. Fakhir, the knight. He pulled me close making me stand on my feet.

"Thank you."

He didn't utter a single word. I move my hand near his face to make him come back, but of no use. He is looking at somewhere, I turned back to see if there is something behind me. Nope, there is nothing.

"Are you ok?" I shook his arm; his bicep is nowhere near to get in hold of my little hand. I felt a bit concerned.

"Hmm." He looked at me. He was already looking......at me. "Can I say something?"

"Huh!" Is he going to change his mind?

"You're looking beautiful. This light is making you looking mesmerizing. I can't my eyes off. Just way you looked at the farewell sitting on the bench."

He pulled his hand up till my face and stopped exactly when it was about to touch my face.

"I can't believe it. This girl, standing here, the most beautiful one is mine."

His hand fell back down. The rush, the shiver, I was feeling settled in an utter disappointment. Why? I wanted to be touched even for the slightest friction of second. I wanted it.

We stood there, quietly looking at eachother. I'm sure my facial expressions are nothing close to his.

The admiration, settled in his eyes. The lifted cheek bones scream his state. His pale lips worked best at making me want to touch it.

"You were never like this before."

"Like how?"

"Muh-phat." (Blunt)

"Muh-phat. You mean it." He steps back. I felt some loss.

"Cocky, right? Hum kab tumhare samne arrogant bane hai. Hum to kuch bol hi nahi pate."

Cocky? No-no I meant blunt that's too in a way that he expresses more now.

"Nahi, mera wo matlab nahi tha. Tum pehle aisi baatein nahi karte the."

"Kaisi baate? muh phaton jaisi?" He again steps back.

I held his arm again trying my best to hold it for real this time to stop him.

"Expressive." I step close to him, "Tum pehle baat hi nahi karte the, aur aisi baate..." I'm a girl Mr. Fakhir what do you want to hear from me by being a sulky kid. Still let's clear this to him. I look at my feet, "Meri tareef, mujhse pyaari-pyaari baatein."

"Hum pehle bhi tumse baat karna chahte the,  infact bahut saari baatein lekin us situation me ye possible nahi tha."

He pulls my face up by my chin. "Hume aur bahut kuch kehna hai aur tumhe sunna hai. Let's not listen to anyone else. Hmm?"

"Hmm." I vigorously move my head making him chuckle.

"You're so cute."

I have them now after so long with affirmation of forever. May Allah make this forever. I'm not going to listen this and that. I'm sure there is something going on in this haveli for him to say this.