5|His gift

"Chachu aur Abbu k sar pe tumhare shaadi k bhoot sawar tha hum chale gaye the to wo Sameer Bhai ko samne laa rahe the. Sameer Bhai ne hume call ki thi jb hum tumhare israr pe railway station pahunche hi the."

(The craze of your marriage was sitting on the heads of uncle and Abbu. When I had gone, she brought Sameer Bhai in front of me. Sameer Bhai called us when I reached the railway station on your request.)

Again, a plot twist. Sameer Bhai was already married with twin daughter. He had love marriage.

"I had no other option. I'm sorry. You were my best friend and I wouldn't have let anyone wrong you."

You were my best friend. Not anymore? But I've always taken him as my best friend. I was processing everything until I realised he left. My father have destroy our friendship.

I turned back to desk to study which surely isn't possible in this scenario so let's just drink the horlicks and sleep. As soon as the cup went to my lip it was cold, for how long was I thinking?

I walked out to heat it up. He was there on the dining table working on his laptop.

"Lao hum kar de." He took cup from my hand walked towards the microwave. I haven't said I'm here to heat it up.

(Let me do it.)

"Where are they?"

"They are sleeping."

"Our fathers did wrong to us, they tied us when you were supposed to enjoy your youth." On my words he turned toward me and stood leaning his back to the slab.

He might just want to hear divorce from me but here I'm being selfish because I don't want to get separated with B mamma any how what if she start loving someone else who gets married to him more than me. After mamma she is the only true relation I've who cares about me.

He gave me my cup and I left for my room.

---------------------

It's been a week I'm living with them. Today Lulu wanted to go to bazar for some homely shopping which are ordered by her family at orphanage. I took Atiqa with me. We had lots of fun, ate a lot, played alot and bought alot. Lulu came with us as she wasn't able to catch the last bus to hostel and cab is not a hosteler thing until and unless that's the last option.

"Maa Jaan, the price were so cheap." Atiqa was showing her shopping.

"Would-be mother-in-law?" Lulu nugdes my elbow while having sips.
Would-be? No she is. And soon I'll loose her.

"Let's go to room." I wishpered back. After excusing from them we hurried to our room. Lulu is my that friend, with whom I have shared all those up and down days together, be it running back to hostel to get each other important stuff to having sleepless night when one is sick.

"Actually I'm married to Fakhir. Childhood marriage." This is a bomb for her. I don't know how will she react. However she reacts I'm ready to rectify my mistake of not telling her before.

"Wow!"

"What?"

"Yeah." She scratches her nape. "I mean you have childhood marriage kinda adventure in your life where your mother-in-law loves you like her daughter, sister-in-law takes you as sister-cum-bestfriend. Mostly this kind of marriages are disaster but yours a pure bliss."

She is right.

"Wait no... not a pure bliss until the man cares for you as well." She hurriedly said as soon as she took breathe, stressing, the man. "Does he?"

Care? That's the only thing he did from the moment I know him until I distant myself and also that's not what I'm craving for.

"He does."

"That's great then." She clapped her hands in glee. "Even I've noticed." She said casually and got up from bed walking toward the washroom.

Before I could register her words she was already in washroom. She have noticed how? When? Here I'm gonna get a panic attack and she'll surely take solid twenty minutes.

She came out after twenty minutes of skincare and changing in kurti and plazzo. If we would have been at PG she would surely have worn shorts and tees.

"When have you seen his care?" She was brushing her hair when I asked. She eyed me, stare or glare will be too underrated for what she did.

"He helped you on the graduation day with heels." Oh that was just a reflex.

"He clicked pictures until you were in frame and then he excused himself." Why didn't I point that out before?

"Aww if I could order man like him for me I would've done immediately." She was in a glee, in her dream land. "Koi Bhai wai hai ?"

"Nope."

"Tch!" She went back to brushing hair.

If I keep adding like her, he got me his Jaan se pyaara shawl, tea as soon as I wake up, horlicks for studytime that I crave for and... The list goes on and the end is he was forced and chose to protect me.

After dinner I was in my room, Lulu and Atiqa were at the balcony, when Fakhir went crossing the door.

His gift.

I took hold on the small box from the study table and ran out of the room. He was in the kitchen pouring a glass of juice.

I went to him. He look up at me with an eyebrow up. As if I always comes to him with a question.

Like yes you do. My conscience yells at me.

Pulling the small box infront I stay silent.

"Humare liye?" He pointed at himself, "Are you giving it to me?"

(For me.)

I just gave a nod, buying wasn't that hard but offering is.

"Itni shopping me hum tumhein yaad the." He took the box and started unpacking the plain white cover revealing the cartoon.

(You remembered me while shopping.)

I was supposed to go back to the room as soon as he accepts the gift.

"Main tumhe kaise bhul sakti hun." I looked at my ring it was sitting perfectly in my finger.

(How can I forget you?)

His hand halts in process. I look up. The keychain is in his hand.

"Ye to."

(This.)

"Tumhe skating pasand hai na."

(You like skating.)

"Thank you." He kept touching the mini skateboard tagged along with the ring.