9|

"Let's walk." He offered. I immediately looked down.

"Hmm." I don't think I was audible, just my nod was visible.

We started walking, trying to match his steps which are big strides for me. I was too focused when his steps became small, easily able to match. I won. Walking for a while we came to the area that is away from haveli.

"I don't want to say this, but we can't stay like this."

I looked at him. How? He pointed at my hand which was holding his bicep and it's for so long.

I pulled my hand back only to stop by his. As I pulled a string of his kurta embroidery. I try to untangle it making more I'm not going to wear these bangles ever.

"Ruko, hum karte hai." he pushed my hands back and did it as if he has expertise in bangles. he held my hand close to his face. "Chudiya acchi lagti hai tum pe. Tumhari to nahi hain." His eyes turn from soft admiration to curiosity.

"Atiqa ne diye hain. Dress pe match ho rahe the." He looks at my dress. Rayon lakhnavi kurta paired with my all-time trouser. 

"Hmm!"

I'm going to wear these bangles again. Should I steal Atiqa's jewel box? Wait, he didn't like my attire? Why? I'll ask Atiqa latter.

__________________________________________________________________________

Morning wasn't good morning for me as almost all the female cousins were in our room making hustle and bustle. I sat straight amid of the pile of clothes. some were fighting for bathroom, mirror, whereas few were up for gossips, chats etc. I look at the wall it's five o'clock.

"Jaldi utho." lulu pulls my hand and get me out of bed. "Yaar tumhare cousin kitne awesome hai." I just did an eyebrow up not at all capable to voice out this early. "They just forged in the room and now getting ready and I'm unable to define the reason behind." This smile is not leaving her face.

I look around to find Atiqa and any more known faces. Atiqa is curling someone's hair, who is straightening someone's hair, who is applying henna on Ayna's hand and the trail continue with Ruhi Bhabhi handling the Ayna's makeup while getting flowers on her hair. Few were having chai as well.

This is family right! Something that I'll have soon and make peaceful living with Fakhir, B Mumma and Atiqa and her own litttle family she dreams of. I too will have kids how...... stop it Dua.

"Dua fresh ho jao tumhare bhi baal bana denge." Atiqa yells in chaos, I nod and left for getting fresh.

Brush. Done.

Skincare. Done.

Dress. Left outside.

Mobile. Left outside.

I peep out of the door. From bathroom to closet it's not too far but amid of these many people. soon our eyes met and conversation happened and Atiqa madam is already at my rescues. we hop in closet. I was getting my dress out of bag while Atiqa was standing still at the door. I look at her with an eyebrow up.

"All ok?"

"Hum ek baat kahe bura na mano to?"

"Bolo yaar main ne tumhari baat ka bura kab manaya hai." I kept my bag aside. 

"Bhai ko pure desi kapde kafi acche lagte hain. Hum tumhe badal nahi rahe bas ye keh rahe hain..." i held her hand to calm her.

"Tumhare paas hain aise kapde?" She nods. "De do mujhe main kharid lungi baad me." Her face glammed up. She got me a new pair of Pakistani suit. 

"Naye hain humne apne liye liya tha lekin ab tum rakh lo." She left.

So, this was the reason I received hmm yesterday. Mr. Fakhir loves whole desi thing not fusion.

________________________________________________________

In the morning, they were getting ready as if going somehere but latter turns out it was just for fun.

"Sab kaha hai?" I saw Fakhir, who was going out.

"Sari ladkiya ekathe kahin gain hai. Call kar lo." He stood infront of me. I immediately took my mobile and called my duo, none picked. All of sudden WhatsApp group blasted with pictures. They are at parlour. How can they forget me? I was in disbelief.

I looked up he was still waiting. "Mujhe parlour le chaloge?"

He pointed at himself as if taken aback. I nod. "Main nahi janti ye jagah kahan hai." I showed him a picture where the background has posters and banners.

"Tumne kya ab humse parlour k chakkar katwane hain?"

All the hesitation feld away in an instance.

"Mat le jao waise bhi Delhi me sare raste khud hi dhundh leti thi to ab bhi dhundh lungi." I turned on my heels to leave. He held my hand and pulled me closer to him the dim light of fencing light up his face. This closeness. I twisted my hands to get free but his hands are much stronger than mine.

"Chodho mujhe." I yelled.

"Sorry." His voice is really calm than ever. "Sorry, hume tumhare saath hona chahiye tha, humesha se."

I calm down stood on my foot straight still pulled towards him.

His eyes are pretty dreamy and captivating, I felt lost and enchanted by them. Let's blame the lighting for now. His nose is sharp as well. His lips. They are nothing close to brown, he might have never smoked. His stumble beard and then his Adam's apple. I pulled my free hand up to his neck.

"Wanna feel it?"

"Hmm!" A current ran through me I was looking at him all while and he stood there as if he is a mannequin. I stepped back I wasn't held anymore yet I was standing at same proximity. If the earth could do me a favor and parted away, I would gladly go in to hide my face.

"Hum tumhare hi to hain." He held my hand again pulled it near his neck, I can feel my eyes going wide. I pulled my hand back easily.

"Ready ho jao das minute me nikalte hain." He said as soon as I turned to leave, I walked away.

-----------------------

He opened the door for me. Already I am feeling weird even after dozens of car rides. And his actions like these are making it worse. This ride was quietest than ever, he dropped me and left with his infamous line, "Call me when you're done."

I joined them and all my planning to scolding then and act upset for a while went into the dump when Lulu and Atiqa hi-fied in front of me stating, "Mission accomplished."

It's their plan but how we just met coincidentally in the corridor? I was puzzled.

"Well, well thank me." Atiqa came in front as if going to take an award. "Bhai hume kabhi mana nahi karte."

"Tumne kya kaha tha us se."

"Yahi ki tumhe parlour le aaye. Afterall ek alone drive to banti thi Lucknow ki."

So, all that call karlo was drama. Huh! More of that I feel like laughing now, they don't even know how the car ride was yet the corridor.... was kinda hot for me.

We got our manicure and pedicure done few already left and few are here but who cares expect two three I don't even know any of them.

"Paro, tumhara dulha nahi aaya. Use bhi to thoda chamka dete ye log." I looked at the voice. They were in their own world getting their hair done.

Paro baji's face isn't showing any happiness or shyness that it showed in the morning.