Chapter 7.

Several Months Later

My POV
Honestly, spending all this time with Alastor hasn't been the worst. Sure we've had our arguments, mostly my fault. I think that Alastor tries really hard to not get angry at me, which I find sweet because he says he can be very menacing when he's mad. I think somewhere deep down he cares about my well being but every time I try to get him to uncover those feelings he leaves only coming back when I'm asleep. It's very upsetting so I've just stopped asking him anything to do with his feelings.
I sighed while laying on my bed, trying to understand a demon is harder than I thought. With him not telling me anything, communicating has become harder. I just don't know what to talk about. Of course we could talk about our dead mothers but who wants to do that? Anyway, I just wish Alastor would tell me who he is or how he got the way he did. Something, anything, I just want to talk to him.
I stood up from the bed and walked downstairs, "Alastor?" I called his name.
"Kitchen dear" he responded.
I walked into the kitchen to see him preparing lunch.
"Can I go on a walk?" I asked
"Hm, oh of course. Let me finish preparing lunch and we'll go after, okay?" He said.
I always found it weird that he wanted to accompany me wherever I went, which was normally only on walks.
"I mean alone Alastor." I said as I watched him stop his movements.
"Aha what." He said, turning around to face me.
"I want to go alone, I have a lot on my mind. I need some time alone and without your creepy shadow lurking around." I said, as I motioned to his shadow in the upper corner of the kitchen.
"I prefer if you not. I'm more than happy to go with you." He said calmly.
"Why? Give me one good reason." I said in a snappy tone.
Alastor clenched his jaw, I saw it. He was not happy. I tried to not push his buttons, but this time I would. I wanted a genuine reason.
"So? Why won't you let me go alone? There's no civilization for miles. I rarely leave your sight." I said and I knew that he knew I was right.
He narrowed his eyes on me.
"Because dear. We both know how clumsy you are, what if you trip and fall?" He asked.
"Not a good enough reason and besides why do you care?" I shot back at him.
"That was a valid reason." He said sharply.
"I'm going with you, and that's final." He said, with an aggravated smile.
I gritted my teeth. I am not backing down from this.
"Alastor, why won't you let me leave? Why won't you let me out of this house alone? What is outside that is so harmful to me?!" I yelled the last part, I really wanted to know and I must've gotten to him because this horrible static sound surrounded the room, like the one when I met him.
It got very loud very quickly. The sound knocked me off my feet, causing me to land on the ground in front of him. It was so loud, I had to cover my ears, then Alastor turned around.

"̴̜̩́́S̴̨̻̬̭̮͈̳̃͜͜t̴̛̹̗͔̫̻̾̌̄̓̊̕͝o̸͎̰̼̪̳͖̼̟͈̭͋͌̌͋̑̈́̿̔͑́͝p̴̫̣̗̎̒̄̾ ̵̧̟̖͇͍͖̼̍̉́͝p̵̧̩͈̻̈́͗ů̶̢̨̞̲̩̭̞͈͙͒̓̒̀͝ș̴̘̤̦̘͎̺̼̦̐̈́̍̈́̑̈́͒͘͠͝͝h̵̹͉̣̊͆́̓̊̃͐̌i̶̧̦͍͔̫̞͈̦̝̮̅̾̓͑̓͑̅͂̓̔͝ͅn̶̡̞̘̳̣͈̪̟͇̮̈́͊̎̂̽̀̔̈̕ͅg̴̗̟̯̅̓̔̅̕ ̴͕͈̣̬̗͎͕̫̔m̶̹̮̯̰̠͒̀̌̔̇͑̍̏͜͠ý̸̧̞̩͉̗͇̹͈̦̙͛̈́͂̓̔͌̊͘͝ ̵̛̭̺̪̪̞̼̪̩̭͙̒̀͌͊͐́̈́̓͝b̵̛̛͎͋̿͑̄̓͋͑̍͝u̸̧̢̯̣̬͙̺͈͎̹̎̍t̵̡͉̠̱͚̤͒͗́̈͒͑̃̈́͐̚͘ẗ̸̢̼̲͖͔͑͂̈͐̈́͋̈̏̾ǫ̴̗͍̽n̴͙͔̞̯͔̱̮̦̈͌͆̏̕͝͠͠s̴̢̪̙̻͚̹̩̪̝̘̞̏͑̑̓̾̔͛̎͋ ̶̛̘̫̪͇̍̆͠͠(̶̨̧̧͔̥̯͔̿̍̾́́͆̚ͅY̸̟̥̖̫̚/̴̟̜͙͖̋̃̈́̽̆͜N̴̝̲̲̎͂̀́̂̕)̵͇̆͛̈́͆̑͗̈́"̶̛̰͓̫̺̿̃

My eyes widened as I looked at Alastor. He had grown antlers , they resembled deer's antlers. His fingers got sharper, more than they normally were, and they were digging into the counter.
His eyes glowed a blood red and his pupils had become dials.
I began to tremble as I looked at his figure, he scared me so much tears came to my eyes.
Then, in an instant, he became his normal self again. With a sigh, he turned back around and continued to prepare lunch.
I sat there on the ground, my eyes still wide with shock and my mind racing with a million thoughts.
'Is that why he never gets angry with me?' 'That was terrifying.'
'Is he like that in hell?'
I looked down at my shaking hands, he really scared me that much. It reminds me of how my father would get mad at me, when he was drunk. The memories flashed before my eyes and my breathing quickened.
"I..I...I'm sorry Al..Alastor.." I said quietly.

Alastor's POV
My ears twitched when I heard her say those words. They were full of fear and regret. Somehow this human makes me feel emotions I haven't felt since I was alive and sometimes I hate it.
I felt guilty. I didn't intend to snap on her like that but it just happens, I blame my demon fellow. I shot him a look out of the corner of my eye, causing him to smirk. I hated that damned thing, but it was a part of me, so I suppose I hate myself as well.
I sighed and turned around to look at (Y/N). Then my guilt hit me harder, the poor girl was shaking like a leaf on a windy day. I swallowed thickly and bent down to her.
'I cannot believe what I am about to say.' I thought to myself, but it just feels right. Only she would hear these words.
"(Y/N), dear, I am terribly sorry. I did not mean to do that, to.. scare you so horribly." I said as I tried to put my hand on her shoulder but she moved away from my touch.
When she did, it made my ears droop.
'Why did that action hurt so badly?' I thought.
"Dear, I am sorry, truly." I said again.
She looked at me, her lip was quivering and tears of shock spilled down her face, slowly. Agonizingly slowly. I couldn't help the urge coming from somewhere deep within me. I sat on the ground in front of her, my legs on either side of her body. I reached my hand out to wipe her tears, she moved away from my touch again. I can understand why, but it did hurt, my ears falling more when she did.
"I'm not going to hurt you." I said, as I put my hand on her cheek and wiped her tears.
I sighed once again, 'I cannot believe that I am going to do this.'
I put my forehead on her's, "breathe with me (Y/N). In and out." I said as she began to do so, "there you go, you're safe... I promise." I said, trying my best to calm her nerves.
"I am so sorry." I said quietly.