Chapter 9.

My POV
It has been a few days since I almost drowned and it was my doing! How stupid can I be? Since the incident, I've been wary of Alastor because of our argument, again my fault. I know he said he was sorry but he scared the absolute shit out of me. I feel bad for avoiding him, when I could, but if I'm being honest, I think his snapping at me triggered that memory of my dad.. I'm not going to tell him that, of course, because it would only make him feel worse. Honestly I'm surprised when he pulled me out of the tub, it shows that he cares about me. It made me smile, he cares about me.
I was laying in my bed, it was almost mid July but here I am, shivering. 'How in the world is it so cold in this house?' I asked myself.
"Ughh, I can't avoid him forever, especially when thoughts of him are consuming my mind." I said while standing up and going downstairs, finding Alastor outside, in the backyard. I smiled as I stepped outside into the sun, instantly warming me up.
"Alastor, what are you doing?" I asked, walking up to his side.
"Just fiddling with this creature." He said.
I looked to see what he was talking about, only to see a squirrel floating in mid air. My eyebrow raised, "Alastor, why is there a squirrel floating in the air?" I asked.
"Don't you find it amusing? How helpless it is? Look at it squirm when I turn it upside down." He said, and flipped the squirrel around using his magic, while watching it twist in the most uncomfortable way.
I sighed, I had gotten used to his dramatic demeanor by now, but he's spinning squirrels around in the air, only signifying one thing. He was bored. I didn't want to bring up this topic with what's happened recently, but I couldn't help it.
"Alastor.. you know you don't have to be here with me all the time, right?" I told him.
"Oh but dear, I want to be." He said, his tone relaying that he was being honest.
"Oh.. okay." I said, smiling to myself.
'Maybe he does like spending time with me. Maybe he loves it as much as I do...maybe he loves me just as much as I love him...' I thought to myself.
My peaceful thoughts were disturbed when the screeching of a squirrel reached my ears. I looked to see what Alastor had done, and of course, he had killed it.
I sighed, I watched as Alastor picked up the dead being and ate it whole. I shivered in disgust, I had no idea how he did that.
I looked away from the scene, only to be met with a pair of eyes. Alastor's shadow.
"Oh.. hello" I said.
It just looked at me, I tilted my head and it mimicked, causing me to giggle.
"It likes you." I heard Alastor say.
"What is it?" I asked
"This creature is the source of who I am. The source of all that I am." He said dramatically.
I giggled again, "it's fun, I wonder where it gets that from?" I said sarcastically with a sly smile.
"Whatever is that supposed to mean dear? I take offense to that statement." He said
"I'm just joking, Alastor!" I said as I laughed, when I did the shadow swirled around my body.
"It really likes me!" I exclaim.

Alastor's POV
I looked at my shadow as it gave me a wicked grin.
"What do you think you are doing with her?" I asked, in that cryptic language of ours.
"You know very well that you want to devour her soul. So why don't you?" It asked me.
"You know exactly why that will never occur. I have feelings for her, something you lack." I said, with a venomous tone.
My shadow only smiled at me before seeping into the ground below my feet.
"Sorry about that dear, it has a mind of its own really." I said to her while waving my hand around.
"It's okay, sooooo Alastor? What else can you do besides twirl squirrels around in the air?" She asked me, I chuckled, her question was amusing.
"Plenty dear, however my power is a tad limited in the human realm." I smiled at her
"How limited?" She asked, 'such curiosity you have little one, you must be careful though, it could get you killed.' I thought.
"Ah well, not as limited as you might think. I am quite powerful after all." I said with a bit of gloat.
"More powerful than Satan himself?" She asked
Now that question made me laugh, I mean really laugh.
"Heavens no dear! Although fighting him is on my to-do list." I mumbled the last part, I am quite curious to see if I could beat him.
"One can only dream," I said with a sigh.
"Okay so, remember when I met you, you said you could kill me, could you really?" She asked. Her question made my ears droop, they really have a mind of their own as well, (Y/N) noticed because she frowned.
"Dear, I can't even imagine doing such a thing." I said as I placed a finger under her chin, lifting her eyes to meet mine. This action caused her to blush, which I thought was quite cute.
'Should I?' I internally sighed, 'No, not yet' I thought.
"I couldn't even fathom of doing such a thing." I said, while admiring her beautiful eyes.