Chapter 11.

Alastor's POV
I conjured drinks for the both of us, whiskey for me, of course, and a sweet drink for (Y/N). We were talking about the weather and such, mostly unimportant things. That was until (Y/N) asked a question that made my ears perk up in an unexpected way.
"Alastor, did your shadow ever find anything? Ya'know.. about who killed my mother?" (Y/N) asked me.
'Shit.' Was the first thought that came to my mind, I was trying not to show the panic on my face but my damn ears always show my emotions. I watched as (Y/N)'s eyes widened.
"You know! Who was it? Who did it, Alastor?" She asked in a desperate tone while her hand grabbed mine.
"Please. I need to know." She said,
I swallowed thickly, "..well the last time I told you it didn't go very well.." I whispered.
"What do you mean last time?!" She raised her voice at me.
"Dear, please understand, I was only trying to help. You completely freaked out when I told you." I said calmly.
"Alastor, who the fuck killed my mother?" She asked sharply.
My ears fell back, I really did not want to tell her, but I suppose she had the right to know.
"..it was your father." I said quietly, looking away from her, waiting for her to yell or scream or something, but it never came.
I look back at her, my face full of shock as quiet tears run down her face.
"How could he do such a thing..?" She asked while looking at me.
Her tears made my heart throb.
"Oh my doe.." I said while getting out of my chair and pulling her into a hug.
"He was horrible to my mother but I never th..though he would kill her..." she cried into my chest, making me hug her tighter.
"Shh shh I know my doe.. it is not your fault though. You should know that. It is not." I told her.
"But... maybe if I had st..stepped in o..or been there more.."
I pulled her out of the hug and grabbed her chin, forcing her to look at me."(Y/N). Stop. None of this is your fault." I told her.

My POV
When Alastor grabbed my face, my already red face from crying got even redder. I don't know what it was but his hand placement and his words made me feel better.
"O..okay.." I said as he wiped my tears.
I giggled lightly, "such a gentleman" I said with a smile, causing him to smile and his ears to perk up.
"Only for you my dear doe." He said and placed a light kiss on my cheek.
I turned a bright red and looked away from him, only to hear him chuckle while looking away from me. 'I guess the deer can be flattered.' I thought to myself with a small grin.
He stood up and noticed that I still had goosebumps, "Dear why are you so cold?" He asked while running his hand up and down my arm.
"You're not freezing?! It's like -30° in this house!!" I said sarcastically, while standing to my feet.
"Oh well I can change that." He said with a twirl of his finger it instantly got warmer. I narrowed my eyes at him, "you could have done that this whole time." I said.
"Why yes, it is summer and I didn't want you getting too hot." He stated,
"Oh..well thank you for the consideration," I put my hand on his face, "but seriously you couldn't tell it was cold?" I asked.
He leaned into my touch, and for the first time I saw him relax. I took it in, this was probably one of the only times I'd get to see him like this, he looked so tired..
"Mm..no, it doesn't bother me. I'm dead, remember?" He said with an ironic laugh.
'Oh... that's right. He's dead.' I thought.
It felt like time had come to a stop, the realization hitting me heavy for what seemed like the first time. Sure, I knew he was dead, but hearing him say it while I'm touching him and having these feelings for him, made something inside of me break, just a little.
"Oh yeah..." I said sadly.
Alastor gave me a small melancholy smile, he probably knew what I was thinking, he has come to know me so well.
"...does that mean you have to go back to hell?" I asked.
I felt Alastor's smile leave, and that tiny part inside of me, broke more.

Alastor's POV
I sighed, I knew she was going to ask sooner than later. I grabbed her hand, pulling on it lightly, asking her silently to come with me. She followed me as I pulled her to the couch in the living room.
My ears fell flat on the way there as I thought of how to explain it to her.
I sat her down on the couch, taking a seat beside her.
"Dear, it's complicated to explain,"
"...how long Alastor?" She asked sorrowfully.
I said with a sigh, "once every 3 months I have to return to hell for a week." I said as I took her hand in mine.
"I know it is not ideal and I'd rather not leave you here alone, but I cannot bring you with me." I said
"If I died I-"
I cut her off immediately.
"No. We are not even going to discuss that. It is not an option." I said gravely.
I watched (Y/N) tense at my harsh tone but I was being serious. This is a matter that I will not discuss, she will not die just to be in hell with me. I will not allow it.
"My doe.." I said, while placing my hand behind her head and pulling her forehead against mine.
"I cannot let you die, only to be sent to the fiery pits of hell, somewhere where you do not belong. You are too heavenly to go there and I do not deserve such a sacrifice." I said to her,
She sighed with a nod, I hoped she would understand that I am right.
"Only a week?" She asked.
I nodded, "I have to leave soon, but I will be back as quickly as I can be. I promise." I said.
"Okay.." she said.
I gave her a slight smile and pulled her into a kiss. For someone who doesn't like people touching me, I loved it when (Y/N) did. She lights a fire in me that only she can put out. I want her to constantly be by my side. I want to hold her. To kiss her. To love her.
'How do I love her though?'