Chapter 6.

My POV
Alastor led me by hand to the living room and told me he'd be right back. I put my face in my hands, trying to stop the tears coming out of my eyes.
'Can't I stop crying? Please? I probably look so stupid. How could my father have killed my mother? My sweet innocent mother...'
Tears kept falling down my face, as Alastor came back into the room.
"Here dear." He said as he sat down next to me and handed me a cup, which I assumed had tea in it.
I sniffed, "thank you," I said and took a deep breath, "I'm sorry you have to deal with this.." I said, taking a sip from the cup.
"Dear don't be, it is a part of our deal after all and I assumed that human emotions would come into play at sometime." He said.
I nodded, 'part of our deal'. His words echoed through my mind. How can I be surprised he was only doing this because of our deal? I know that he's a demon and probably has no comprehension about human emotions, but some part of me wishes he was doing this out of...pure want.
"Just a part of our deal? That's it Alastor? Really? How could you make a deal for 5 years and be so nonchalant about it!?" I raised my voice at him, which I didn't intend to do but everything was just kinda getting to me at this point.
"What was the point in even making this deal?! How does it even benefit you!?" I screamed at him and he just sat there, taking it. I'm surprised he didn't try to kill me.
"(Y/N).. do try to calm down please." He said calmly. 'How can he be this calm?'
I sighed and wiped my eyes, I definitely was not going to sleep tonight. On that note, I yawned, "Alastor this is tea right?" I asked him.
"Oh, of course dear, just something to calm your nerves." He said with that smile of his.
I nodded and looked down at my hands, 'why is everything blurry?'
"Alastor.. what did you-" I said as he placed his hand on my back, rubbing it in small circles.
"Shh, it's okay my dear. Just rest." He said and the last thing I saw was that smile.

Alastor's POV
As my dear (Y/N) slumped against the couch, I stood up, carefully holding her in my arms, and making the way upstairs.
"I'm sorry dear, but I need you to rest and I know you wouldn't if I didn't help." I said out loud, mostly to calm the small amount of guilt I was feeling for doing this, but I'm only trying to help.
I carried her up the stairs and into the bedroom, placing her down on the bed carefully. She looked so peaceful, which was good. I can't imagine the shock after knowing her own father killed her mother.
'I wonder if she'll want revenge?' I thought to myself and a wicked grin came upon my face. Oh how I would love to help her achieve it.

9 hours later
I was reading a book because I didn't want to leave (Y/N) alone in the house while she was asleep. What if she woke up and I wasn't here? I didn't want to frighten her like that.
It was about 8 in the morning now, I had read almost 3 books throughout the night, then I heard light steps descending the stairs. My ears perked up at the noise, turning my attention towards it as (Y/N) walked into the living room. She rubbed her eyes and yawned. I'm surprised she is up this early, but I'm glad she slept more than 4 hours.
"Good morning dear, sleep well? I asked her, with a toothy grin.
"Actually yes, surprisingly." She said while stretching.
"Mm that's good dear." I said and motioned her to sit down on the couch.
"What happened last night Alastor?" She asked, oh so innocently.
"Ah yes," I stopped, I expected her to not remember what had happened but should I tell her about her father again? She looked so wrecked when I did and I'd rather not deal with that again.
"You fell asleep on the couch after our game of chess. So I took you upstairs." I said calmly.
"Oh sorry, I had no intention to. I guess I was more tired than I thought." She said with a giggle.
'Cute.' I thought with a sigh.
What is the point in even trying to stop these thoughts? It's impossible, crazy that I am saying that but it is. My mind is constantly filled with nothing but thoughts of her and her wellbeing.
"It is quite alright, you had a long day. Today let's just focus on relaxing, hm?" I asked
She nodded, "Alastor, can I ask you a question?"
"Sure dear." I said, hoping she wouldn't ask anything too personal.
"How do you feel about this whole situation?" She asked and my eyes widened slightly.
'Oh my dear doe. You have no idea how you make me feel.'

My POV
He seemed shocked by my question. Was that such a big thing to ask? I mean I know how I feel about this situation. Honestly I couldn't be happier, which may seem weird but everything he's done for me and how he's treated me has been better than I could've hoped for. Better than how my father ever treated me.
Alastor cleared his throat, "well, I suppose it's not the worst deal I've ever made with a human." He said blankly.
"Oh... that's good" I said, a little disappointed in his answer but I will live. He seemed to notice because he mumbled something ,
"I'd rather be here than down in hell, if it makes you feel better."
I blushed, quite noticeably because Alastor chuckled, but nonetheless his words made me feel better. Maybe he felt the same way I did.
Just maybe.