14. Control Freak

[A/N : This chapter contains mentions of abuse and violence

[A/N : This chapter contains mentions of abuse and violence. Read carefully keeping your mental health and triggers in mind ]

"MA! Nain!"
The main iron gate closes with a thud as I shout on top of my lungs , jump-runninh my wat inside the house.

" I am home. " The words escape my mouth in a mere whisper as I intake the warm scene in front of me. My heart swelling up with content and peace.

In the grand dining table of ours , sits my mother-my lifegiver  and my sister- a little munchkin who thinks of herself like a grown woman and legit acts like one huddled together as she retells the tales of her hostel days with passion and lot of arm flaring.

The walls ricochetting with their laughter in this otherwise dull and dark house.

The air filled with warmth and comfort due to their presence making life easier and breathing more natural in this place.

" Then I mixed glue and Surf Excek in her shampoo. Also replaced her Dove saabun with Rin Bar. And she cried alot after that. But that's what she get after messing with me during exam time." Nain boasted , munching on moongfalli( peanuts).

Ma laughs out loud , the sound carefree after so many days of disaster and with more ease, less pain , her shoulders shaking, " Sudharja meri bacha , sudharja."

Nain typically rolls her eyes,  " Please MA. Zamana badal gya Hai( Time has changed).  Its Tit for Tat now."

My brows raise on their own. What the hell she reads and does at hostel as to speak with 100% conviction that zamana badal gya Hai. Though, no doubt she is right.

" By the way when will Control Freak come home?"

Control Freak. I am still that.

" Tsk ," MA shoots her disapproving look," How  many times should I say you not to talk about your brother like that ? He is older than you.. "

She keeps on defending me but I am not paying any attention to them.

Control Freak.

Control Freak. Control Freak.  Control Freak.

You're just like Papa.

Bhai don't do this to me.

You don't Control my life !You get that!!?!

Don't you try to control me !!

That day , Nain had screamed , cried and hit me on chest just like what that Chashmish did today at school, but for totally different reasons.

After that day, I made sure that she goes away. Out of this house. Far far away from the man and the hell he made of this house. To protect her and prevent his demons from touching her life, chipping away at the larger than life-ness of her soul.