chapter 37: The two outcasts part 2

Eula and Tristan started heading for the entrance of Mondstadt. Eula was slightly embarrassed because Tristan was holding her hand.

Eula: "Hey... Tristan....."

Tristan looks at her and hums.

Eula: "H-how long are you gonna hold my hand?"

Tristan looks down and back at Eula. He releases her hand.

Tristan: "Sorry... I forgot."

Eula shakes her head.

Eula: "It's fine..... i'll... let it slide... for now."

Tristan looked absolutely shocked. He started putting his hand on Eula's forehead.

Tristan: "Are you okay?! Do you have a fever?! Or an imposter even?!"

Eula started blushing very hard.

Eula: "W-what are you talking about?! I'm fine!"

Tristan: "Lies! The Eula I know would have declared vengeance on me! You're acting sus!"

Eula had an annoyed look on her face.

Eula: "How?! That's it! I take it back! Because of this, I shall have my vengeance!"

Tristan: "Ha! I got you to say it!"

Eula: "W-what?! Y-you....."

Tristan had a playful smirk on his face.

Eula: "Are you seriously toying with me right now?!"

Tristan starts laughing a little. And Eula was about to say something, but another voice was heard.

Man: "Why the hell is a demon hanging around a Lawrence?

Woman: "Honey.... please... I understand Lawrence. But that man helped save Mondstadt."

Eula looks at the source of the conversation.

Man: "He is still a demon. Maybe he did that so he can get something out of it. Or playing the savior so he can take advantage of us."

The woman thinked for a second.

Woman: "You know.... when I think about it... it was kinda suspicious how he suddenly appeared when the demons started attacking."

The couple started ranting on about nonsense. Eula looked around for a second and realized that more people were looking at Her and Tristan. But they were talking down about Tristan as well. About him being a demon... he is tricking them or waiting for the right opportunity to take control. The list goes on. But Eula sees Tristan still smiling, and by the looks of it, he doesn't care.

Tristan: "Well, the attention is great and all, but I think being outside Mondstadt is a nice change of pace. *turns around and starts walking* Come on... let's go."

Eula only nodded and started following him. And of course, the two continued getting degraded by the public. But occasionally, people would thank Tristan and give him some free things. Tristan ended up getting a free basket of food. And stop by some kids wanting to play with him.

Later.....

Right near the lake outside of Mondstadt. We see Eula and Tristan finally arriving. Tristan had a blank look on his face. Because the same group of kids from the other week played with this hair again, so now his hair is in a funny state. He is undoing it and trying to put it back to normal.

Tristan: "Why do I keep doing this to myself...."

Eula just hums. Tristan looks at her and smiles, and goes through the basket to get some food. He gave her a piece of bread. Eula waves her hand.