Chapter 6

Castiel woke up to the faint sound of breathing. His brilliant blue eyes slid open as he became more aware of his surroundings. The angel blinked away the sleep from his eyes as he looked around. By this point in time, it looked to be about 11:00 in the morning. He'd been asleep for quite a few hours. The sunlight filtered into the room from the windows and lit up certain places like they were in a spotlight. Gosh, those would be so comfortable to doze off in. Castiel then noticed Dean, who was sleeping next to him. He hadn't quite gotten down the normal sleeping positions of a cat, and was instead lying with his front legs sprawled out and his face shoved into the cushion of the couch, but he did have his tail curled around Cas protectively. He was also drooling. Castiel smiled because he looked super cute while he was sleeping. ...Not that he watched Dean sleep sometimes. Nope. Not at all. Eheh. 'Well.. We're cats. It's now or never,' Castiel decided. 'I can play it off like I did it in my sleep anyways.' He scooted as close to Dean as physically possible and nuzzled him, trying to hold back an affectionate purr. Dean's ear twitched so Castiel quickly shut his eyes and pretended to be asleep.

Dean woke up to a sudden warmth entering his body. He opened his eyes and glanced down at Castiel. He quickly realized the situation and began to fluff up his fur as his emotions got the better of him. His heart raced and he felt butterflies in his stomach. Dean wanted to bury himself in the couch and pretend it wasn't happening. He lifted up his head and quietly watched Castiel, who was slightly.. smiling? Was he awake? "Cas?" his voice pierced though the silence.

'Well shoot.. he can tell I'm awake..' Castiel thought. After a moment of silence, he finally answered Dean's call. "........Mmmmhmmm...?" he asked drowsily, his voice deep and smooth with sleep and relaxation.

"Uh.. what are you d-doing?"

"Relaxing..." Castiel yawned as he opened his eyes to look at Dean.

"You know what I'm talking about."

Castiel ignored the question, instead choosing to study Dean's face. It was about 30 seconds before he spoke. "Y'know.. you have little tiny speckles on your face that resemble freckles," he observed.

"..Cas... What?" Dean asked as he tried to get a grip on the situation. That statement had been completely random. He got no answer. After what seemed like an eternity of watching Castiel stare at him, he spoke up once more. "Cas?"

"...Hm?"

"I asked, what are you doing?"

Castiel met eyes with Dean and stared at him like the answer was obvious. "Counting your freckles."