𝕮𝒉𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 26

After her return at the Hungarian Grand Prix following her crash at Belgium, Hannah finished a respective P5 making any doubters second guess themselves about whether she was ready or not to jump back into her car following what happened.

Summer break arrived and while in the UK, the Formula 2 driver was determined to start the second half of the season off strong. "I'm off to RedBull for sim work!" Hannah calls to her parents as she walks out the door where a RedBull Racing employee was waiting outside. "Ready Miss Russell?" the employee smiles to the girl as she sits in the back of the car. As they make their way to the head quarters, Hannah scrolls through twitter and the press conference from Hungary pops up on her feed.

"Now question for you George, we all saw what happened to your sister in the F2 qualifying on Friday. We've seen she's in the paddock but can you provide an update on how she us?" the interviewer questions. "Yeah. Hannah's okay, she's been cleared to drive this weekend. As we all saw it was a heavy impact crash and they kept her in hospital for a few days meaning she missed the F2 sprint and feature race." George nods. "We all know you two are very close so what was the moment like for you when you found out it was your little sister?" the interviewer then asks. "Obviously it was a scary moment. I mean you don't want to see any driver in a crash like that but when it's your own family, all you want to do is be with them. And yes, myself and Hannah are close and over anything that happens on a race weekend, she's my main priority. I'm grateful that Toto let me miss FP2 and was able to get Fred to fill in last minute so I could go and be at the hospital with her because to me, family is important. And I'm fortunate she's still here and able to race and I know she'll make her comeback this weekend." George says with a proud smile as he speaks about his younger sister.

"Final question on the situation with Hannah, if it was down to you, would you let her driver?" the interview asks. "Well, my little sister is a very stubborn girl so no matter what I would advise her, she'd still get in that car because everyone's comparing her to me and what Hannah wants to prove is that she's more than, you know, 'George Russell's little sister' and that she is indeed not a young, female version of me but her own person and has her own skills, capabilities and racing style when comes to being on track. I'm proud to call her my little sister and that I get to watch her on a weekend." George proudly speaks.

"Is that the media conference from Hungary?" the employee asks the girl, snapping her out of her thoughts. "Huh? Oh yeah. It's just my brother talking proudly about me." Hannah smiles as she puts her phone away. "He speaks very highly of you." the employee smiles, looking at the girl through the mirror. "He's my brother. Obviously he should." Hannah grins with a small laugh escaping her lips.

Durning the long drive from Kings Lynn to Milton Keynes, Hannah and the employee stopped off at some services to use the restroom and grab something to eat before continuing on the road to the head quarters. "Hannah, good to see your still walking. How's the recovery?" Christian smiles, greeting the girl. "Well, one crash isn't going to take me out. Recovery is going great and I'm feeling good." Hannah smiles as she shakes Christian's extended hand and shakes it. "That's great and it's good to see youe doing better. So, as you know you're on the sim only today. We just want to see what times you can do in an F2 style race ahead of the Dutch grand prix." Christian says as he and Hannah head to the sim room.

During the time she's in the sim, the team at the head quarters watch on as Hannah does some F2 laps around the Dutch circuit. "How was that?" the girl asks once she finished on the sim. "Good times. Definitely push to do the same on the weekend." one of the strategists say as Hannah nods. They go over a few bits of data that was collected before she heads back up to Kings Lynn. "Here she is! How was it?" Steve as the teen girl walk in. "Good. Lap times were decent." Hannah smiles as she slides her trainers off and hangs her coat up. "That's fantastic. When do you leave for Monaco?" Alison asks asks as she comes downstairs.

"2 days. George's picking me up from the airport in Nice before we drive to his apartment in Monte Carlo." Hannah smiles, knowing she's spending some of the summer with her brother before going to Italy to spend some of the summer with Ollie. "How long are you spending with George during the summer break?" Steve questions. "3 weeks then I'm going to spend some time in Maranello with Ollie before Arthur joins us." Hannah smiles. "Maranello? Where exactly is that?" Steve questions. "It's in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy. Me and Ollie will be staying at his place and maybe driving into Milan. We have planned to go to the racing minitrack fiorano in the small town if Maranello." Hannah smiles as she heads i to the living room.

"Ollie has his own place in Italy?" Alison questions. "Yeah. Obviously Ferrari's headquarters are there so it does make sense for him to live there." Hannah shrugs. "While your still living at home and your siblings have moved out." Steve jokes with a small chuckles. "Hey! Arthur still lives at home in Monaco so I'm not the only one out me, Ollie and Arthur who is still at home despite driving in F2." Hannah shrugs as she takes the remote into her hands and flicks through the TV channels before putting something on.

•••••••••

After enjoying a relaxing two days at home, Hannah arrived in Nice. "How was the sim work the other day?" George smiles as he greets his younger sister with a hug. "Good. Decent lap times down, hopefully it continues into the Netherlands." Hannah smiles, returning George's hug. "Ready for some fun?" the F1 brunette driver smiles as the two seperate from their hug. "You bet! 3 weeks of fun before I go to Italy for pasta and pizza. Oh and to torment Ollie before Arthur joins in on the act." Hannah smiles as she takes her case and follows George to his car.

"Still can't believe your not spending all summer with me." George jokes, followed by a fake offended scoff. "Well, I do have friends who live elsewhere unlike you who has all his friends live in Monaco." Hannah grins as she places her suitcase and bag into the back of the car. "Ouch. That hurt." George laughs as he gets into the car while Hannah closes the boot and sits in the passenger seat. "Right, to Monaco." the mercedes driver smiles as the duo leave the airport in Nice and head to Monte-Carlo is Monaco.