Galactic Discoveries (Frankie Raye, aka Nova)

She was exhausted, her eyes staring tiredly at the night sky. She had just finished helping her team, the Fearless Defenders, defeat the up and rising villainous team calling themselves the Doom Maidens. But even when she still had the rush of actually winning, she still felt inadequate. Her previous boyfriend left her to seemingly explore places, and soon after she found out that he was talking about exploring other females. Her previous master, the eater of worlds, deemed her unworthy of being a herald and stripped her of her added power. The dreadful result of her life only seemed to keep growing and with no way out of the maddening cycle.

She could only sigh, using her powers over fire to elevate herself from where she stood and fly elsewhere. She knew exactly where she was in Brooklyn, and preferably she would try her best to stay as far away as possible from the Fantastic Four. She didn't need to be confused by the Human Torch once more and she definitely did not want to see the man ever again. And flying helped her relax a bit, made her forget all the bad luck that had been surrounding her life as of yet.

As she flew through Brooklyn, she caught sight of someone she recognized immediately helping an elderly woman. The red and blue hero acted calm and gracefully, helping the elder cross the road even when there was almost no car in sight. It was able to make her smile, to be able to see just how genuine the hero actually was. She never believed what the Daily Bugle said about him in the past, even if it was now trying to fix its errors and actually tell the truth about how heroic Spider-Man actually was. Her short experiences she had with him before and seeing him now helping the elderly woman, made her realize that she had been right all along. That Spider-Man was an amazing hero.

"Frankie?!" She blinked, her eyes watching just how the hero had already left the side of the female elder and was now in front of her by sticking up to the wall near her. She could also see just how the elderly woman was softly chuckling as she kept on walking away slowly. She didn't want to know what the elder was thinking as she walked away. So, trapped in starting a conversation with the hero, she just gave a weak smile at him. "Weren't you with Misty's new team?"

"Yes... But I had to refresh my mind..." She commented slightly, not entirely lying to the arachnid hero. She could hear him understanding hum, though she also saw just how the lenses of his mask narrowed a bit at her. She could only raise a brow in confusion but didn't comment about it. She even saw just how his suit slightly shone underneath the moonlight, something that she also expected to happen with her if she was not covered by the flames around her body. She craved the company and quite enjoyed starting this conversation with the male hero. She just didn't want to be near her team, memories of the eyes over her were more than enough. "But here you are still the hero of the hour"

"It comes with the job, you know that..." She could only sigh, her soft groan laden with fatigue. She knew that his words didn't hold any lies in them, she had experienced those moments before. Her mind still remembered the citizens of other worlds thanking her for deviating the eater of worlds to a world devoid of life. What she did was small, but it affected everyone, and it was exactly what the hero was doing here as well.

"I know... But I am tired, Spidey..." She whispered, her eyes closing for a moment before she stared right back at the male hero in front of her. The fatigue in her body that came from all of her previous battles was still over her shoulders, still making her feel the pressure. She still didn't know just how she had not retired yet. She didn't want to keep dealing with all of this for her remaining life. "I don't think I belong in this world, Spidey..."

"I understand, Nova..." Spider-Man replied back, her eyes watching him carefully. He accommodates his back against the building, his powers helping him stick to the wall. It was then that he looked at her, a sincere expression being shown by his lenses. She widened her eyes a bit, though she immediately reacted with a smile of her own. "But sometimes we don't even have the liberty to step back" She knew that the hero was talking from experience. She still remembers that old news that was published by the Daily Bugle. She noticed the pain in his eyes, probably reminiscing about those times when he quit. "With great power, there must also be great responsibility, Nova... Never forget that"

She immediately gained her attention with those words. She shared a look of understanding with the arachnid hero besides her, a silent bond being created. She couldn't understand just how she was forming a seemingly unbreakable bond with the hero of New York. It made her forget about her worries and simply enjoy the company she had at the moment. The conversation stopped, leaving the serene breeze to give her and her hero friend comfort. She knew that she now had something to think about after she got back to her apartment.

"Thank you for the small talk, Spidey..." She approached him, giving the hero a quick peck on his cheek. She didn't want to harm him with her flames, which is the reason for the slight peck instead of kissing him normally. She softly giggled as she noticed the shocked expression the arachnid hero made with his mask's lenses. So, with that done, she flew back a bit, her eyes still looking over the hero. And she also wanted to express her gratitude to him for helping her think about what she should do. And with a wink at the hero, she finally flew away towards her apartment, her mind thinking about the red and blue cladded hero.