Chapter Two: Silence

Ayden moved around, checking in on people as they partied

Ayden moved around, checking in on people as they partied. People respected him, he had been in the Skybox for the longest out of anyone, and him checking in on everyone just led them all to like him more.

Moving on from a younger girl named Fox, he found the Chancellor's son talking to Clarke Griffin. He touched Clarke's shoulder, who jumped at the touch.

"Oh, hello Ayden. Wells, this is Ayden Deyoore. Ayden, this is Wells Jaha. We were just looking at the map," Clarke explained. Ayden nodded in understanding.

"Like I was saying, a dozen panels are missing. Heat fried the wires," Wells continued.

"Well, all that matters right now is getting to Mount Weather. See? Look. This is us," Clarke pointed to a point on the map, letting Ayden peer over her shoulder to take a look. "This is where we need to get if we want to survive."

"Where'd you learn to do that?" Wells asked before sobering. "Your father."

A boy walked up behind the trio, following Ayden's line of sight. Ayden recognised him to be Jasper Jordan.

"Cool, a map. They got a bar in this town? I'll buy you a beer," Wells rolled his eyes, pushing him away.

"Whoa!" Jasper said, not sure why Wells was being aggressive.

"Hey, hey, hey, hands off of him. He's with us," John Murphy called out, and Ayden looked over to him. The pair were very close, best friends in-fact, as John had been in the prison with him for nearly 8 years now. Ayden held his hand out, calming John in a quick motion. John rolled his eyes at him playfully.

"Hey, relax, we're just trying to find out where we are," Wells amended.

"We're on the ground. That not good enough for you?" Asked Octavia's brother, the guard, as he walked over. Ayden stiffened.

"We need to find Mount Weather. You heard my father's message. That has to be our first priority," Wells told him. Ayden just sighed.

"Screw your father. What, you think you're in charge here, you and your little Princess?" Octavia drawled.

"Do you think we care who's in charge? We need to get to Mount Weather not because the Chancellor said so, but because the longer we wait, the hungrier we'll get and the harder this'll be. How long do you think we'll last without those supplies? We're looking at a twenty-mile trek, okay? So if we want to get there before dark, we need to leave now," Clarke lectured. Ayden sighed once more. The pair were going about this the wrong way. Ayden knew these kids like the back of his hand. Clarke needed to get the delinquents to think that it was their own idea.

"I got a better idea. You two go, find it for us. Let the privileged do the hard work for a change," The idea was followed by a chorus of agreement.

"You're not listening. We all need to go," Wells demanded.

"Look at this, everybody... The Chancellor of Earth," John laughed. Ayden glared at him, willing him not to start a fight with the guard around. John at least had the decency to pretend to look scolded.

"You think that's funny?" Wells asked, leading John to push him over.

"Wells!" Clarke yelled as one of John's friends held her back.

"No, but that was," John smirked as he stood over the boy. Ayden watched as Wells struggled to get up before he moved in between Wells and John.

"Quit fighting. He's a newbie, just in. You wouldn't fight someone who doesn't know the rules, would you?" He signed at John, who scowled at him, knowing he was right. Ayden glanced at the guard, who seemed perplexed. Perplexed was better than mad. Down from the dropship jumped Finn, who stood next to Ayden.

"Ayden is right, but the kid's also only got one leg. Wait 'till it's a fair fight, yeah?" John nodded.

"Hey spacewalker, Ayden, rescue me next!" Everyone chuckled and walked off, tension disappearing. The guard looked at his sister almost disappointedly. "What? They're cute!"

"They're criminals!" He fired back.

"They're all criminals," Octavia stated.

"Look O, I came down here-" He grabs her by the arm and moves just out of Ayden's earshot. Ayden mentally shrugged, turning to Finn, Clarke and Wells.

"So, Mount Weather, when do we leave?" Finn asked, and Ayden nodded.

"Right now, we'll be back tomorrow with the food," Clarke responded, smiling at Ayden.

"How are the three of you gonna carry enough food for a hundred?" Wells asked. Ayden spun around, grabbing two people, Monty and Jasper, and moving them into the conversation.

"Five of us should be enough, right?" Ayden signed, looking to Finn. Finn nodded.

"Sounds like a party, make it six!" Octavia said as she joined them, slinging her arm around Ayden's shoulder. Ayden smiled at her in thanks.

"Hey, what the hell are you doing?" The guard asked Octavia.

"Going for a walk," She stared at him, waiting for him to say otherwise. Clarke grabbed Finn's wrist, turning everyone's attention from the siblings.

"Hey, were you trying to take this off?" She looked concerned.

"Yeah, so?" Finn replied nonchalantly.

"So this wristband transmits your vital signs to The Ark. Take it off, and they'll think you're dead," Clarke snapped.

"Should I care?" Finn asked.

"Well, I don't know. Do you want the people you love to think you're dead? Do you want them to follow you down here in two months? Because they won't if they think we're dying," Clarke lectured once more. Ayden realised she must have a knack for it, since she did it so often. It was starting to get old.

"Okay," Finn amended, chastised.

"Now let's go," Clarke said, walking off. Everyone followed except for Octavia, who was looking at her brother. Ayden waited for her silently.

"Go on," He told her, and Octavia gave him a kiss on the cheek before moving to Ayden's side. They walked off together past Clarke, who was talking to Wells. Soon after she joined them.

"Before you get any ideas, Finn's mine," Octavia told Clarke.

"Before you get any idea, I don't care," Clarke told Octavia.

Ayden stayed silent.

chapter two is here! very excited

ayden is very much a people person/pleaser. he hates getting in trouble.

comment your thoughts, all feedback is appreciated!