Chapter 1

Hot shot Flamezer is a playful and highly active five year old child. He just turned five years old in November of last year. He lives with his parents Heatwave and Quickshadow. They lived in Fort Worth Texas.

Heatwave his father is a firefighter. He is a very brave and strong. He has helped save many lives in his line of work. He knows many other rescue workers and has the respect of his fellow firefighters. Heatwave taught Hot shot about fire safety and how and when to dial 911. Hot shot was very smart and understood. He is a very loving and loyal husband and father. He loves his wife and son very much.

Quickshadow his mother is a stay at home mom from a very wealthy background. She was born and raised in London England. She moved to the states and met Heatwave and fell in love with him. They were married and had Hot shot. She takes great care of her son, she takes him  on errands with her and she keeps the house looking great. She is a wonderful cook and baker. She is a loving and caring wife and mother. She loves her husband and son with all of her heart.

Hot shot is five years old. He will start Kindergarten in fall, because he is a big boy now. Hot shot loves to play sports, run, jump, climb, play, animals and Pokemon. Hot shot is a very active boy and loves to be on the move. He loves to ride his bike, he loves to roller skate, jump on his trampoline, play tee ball, play soccer, swim, and do gymnastics. Hot shot is a very kind, smart, and caring boy with a big heart. Hot shot's favorite toy is a plush rhino named Roxy. He got Roxy during his first trip to the Fort Worth Zoo last summer. He slept with her every night. She helped him not be so afraid of the dark. He even took her everywhere with him now. He took her every where he went, he even took her to his granny's for Christmas and to Grandmum's in the spring last year. Hot shot never went any where without her. 

Hot shot also has other family members too. He has his grandparents who are his father's parents. They live in San Antonio. He calls them pawpaw and granny. He also has his aunt and uncle on his father's side who are his father's older sister and brother in law. He also has three cousins who are the children of his aunt and uncle. He has his grandparents who are his mother's parents. They live in London England. He calls them  Grandmum and Granddad. He also has an uncle who is his mother's twin brother. He is a very famous actor and product maker, and is very wealthy. He spoils his nephew on his birthday and Christmas.

His father has three good friends from childhood. Blades, Boulder and Chase, they are like brothers to Heatwave. Hot shot calls them his uncles out of affection. They also are close to the family. They help out whenever needed too. They are loved by the family. They also come on special occasions. Boulder was the one to make Hot shot's outdoor playset and Hot shot loved to play on it. The others gave him things too and they loved Hot shot very much like their own nephew. 

Hot shot has always been very healthy. He never had any problems with his health. He would at times get bumps, cuts, scrapes and bruises, but that was normal for active children. Hot shot would occasionally get tummy aches or colds, but he got over them really quick. He never really had to go to the hospital or go to the ER. Just an all around perfectly healthy child. Heatwave and Quickshadow were happy to have such a healthy child.

However in a heartbeat things can change for the worst. This change can either break you or make you stronger. This type of change is when you need to stick together and rely on each other. This type of change may drive some away but may bring everyone closed than before. 

It was Mid April just two weeks shy of May and Hot shot was eager for the warmer weather so he could go out and play more. Hot shot woke up this morning. When he did he noticed that his head was really hurting. He was wondering why he was waking up with a headache. He never woke up with a headache before. "Ow my head it hurts," Hot shot said. "My head hurts Roxy," he told Roxy the rhino. "Your heard hurts too?" he asked her and made Roxy nod. He was wondering why he had such bad headache. It was very strange. His tummy was also not feeling so well either. He had a headache and felt sick to his stomach. Hot shot was wondering what was up, he was thinking he should tell his parents. Hot shot soon went into the kitchen for breakfast.