Chapter 8

Hot shot was getting treatment for a cancerous brain tumor called Medulloblastoma. Hot shot has been getting treatment for it since May. It was now November and Hot shot was approaching his sixth birthday. Hot shot was enjoying time with family at the moment. Hot shot's parents kept a go bag just in case Hot shot had a reason or call to stay at the hospital. Then the phone rang the day after Thanksgiving. It was Dr. Zhao. "Hot shot is going to stay in the hospital for a while there is a lot of flu bugs going around and also I would like to keep him here for a while to monitor how his treatment is going more closely." Dr. Zhao said. "I would like Hot shot to stay here for a while," she said. "He will stay here for several weeks," she said.

"Okay," Heatwave said then he hung up. "Hot shot you need to go to the hospital for a while," he told him.

"Oh okay," Hot shot said.

"We have to make sure your go bag is all packed," Heatwave said.

"We have to make sure to have things you might want or need in the bag so we can take it to the hospital," Quickshadow told him.

"Okay," Hot shot said. Hot shot helped his parents double check the bag and pack anything else he may want to bring. Hot shot chose what he wanted to bring and got ready to go. Hot shot was soon in his car seat and ready to get going.

Hot shot was ready to see the people at the hospital. Hot shot watched as things went by from his car seat. He soon saw they were pulling up to the hospital. Quickshadow brought him because Heatwave had to go to work. But he was going to take shifts with Hot shot in the hospital at times. Hot shot was ready for his hospital stay.

Hot shot went inside the hospital with his mother. They got all checked in at the desk. Then Hot shot was taken to his room. Hot shot saw his friends Hoist, Medix, Whirl and Wedge were there. That made Hot shot very happy to see them. Hot shot was glad his friends were there too. Hot shot was going to do a lot of chemotherapy while there at the hospital. Hot shot knew he was going to be there for several weeks. But he was ready for the long stay.

Hot shot brought his tablet with the charger, toys, coloring books, and crayons. Hot shot also brought a few other things as well. Hot shot also brought a few soft blankets, comfy sets of PJs, comfy day clothes, comfy socks, his pikachu slippers, comfy shoes, a couple of pillows, a couple of stuffed animals, and a picture of him with his parents. Hot shot made himself comfortable in the bed. Hot shot was ready rest a bit after taking that long walk to get to his room. Hot shot got into his bed and watched some videos. Hot shot was watching a video from the imaginary friend society. Hot shot thought it was pretty cool. Hot shot was very interested by the videos. Hot shot was watching the video about being scared. Hot shot felt scared at times and realized that he will come out stronger after every little thing during treatment.

Hot shot soon had his lunch. Then he was taken to get some tests done. Hot shot got a lumbar puncture and an MRI scan. Hot shot also got a blood transfusion. Hot shot felt better after getting it. Hot shot has had blood transfusions before. Hot shot was feeling better after the blood transfusion.

The next day Hot shot was getting chemotherapy. Hot shot was getting used to having a needle stuck into his port. Hot shot learned to live with it. Hot shot was pretty much used to it now. Hot shot was feeling pretty good about handling it well. Hot shot was also getting a feed through his NG tube. Hot shot was feeling pretty sick to his stomach at the moment.

Hot shot was able to get his oral medication through the feeding tube at the moment. Hot shot was liking the NG tube. Hot shot was doing well with it. Hot shot was checked on by the nurses and Dr. Hetherington and the other doctors on a regular basis. They wanted to make sure he was doing okay.

Hot shot a couple of weeks later saw Penny come in. "Hot shot qualifies for a wish from make a wish," Penny said.

Then a wish coordinator came up. "Hot shot you get one wish, you can wish to go some where you always wanted to go, you can wish to be something you always wanted to be, meet someone you always wanted to meet, wish to have something you always wanted to have, or wish to give back," the wish coordinator said.

Hot shot was thinking for sometime. Hot shot knew what he wanted. Hot shot wanted a puppy. Hot shot had been wanting a puppy since he was three years old. "I wish for a puppy," Hot shot said.

"Many kids wish for puppies," the wish coordinator said. "What kind of puppy?" she asked.

"I wish for a dalmatian puppy, I love dalmatians," Hot shot said.

"A dalmatian puppy that is nice," the wish coordinator said. "That is a fine wish," she said.

"I am perfectly fine with Hot shot getting a puppy, it might help with his recovery process," Dr. Hetherington said.

Hot shot was very excited he was really looking forward to getting his new puppy. Hot shot was hoping it would be sometime soon. Hot shot was also hoping to be out of the hospital soon.

Hot shot was still in the hospital at Christmas, but his parents came to the hospital to spend time with him. Hot shot was happy that they were there. They opened their presents while there. Hot shot was able to go home in mid January.

Hot shot was happy to be back home. Hot shot hoped his cancer treatment was going well and soon be all better. He was determined to win the fight against his cancer.