Chapter Ten

~~~~~~

Swinging through Nova York she makes her way to HQ too angry to use  the gizmo on her right wrist.

All this time, he knew what was gonna happen all this time ,and yet he had done nothing to stop it.

The girl felt a ton of emotions at this moment but the most outstanding one was betrayal.

Finally landing ,she stopped swinging and just walked with furious footsteps through the giant building, every spider person that passed by ,greeted her but instead of a bright cheerful smile they were met with ignorance which shocked them , Renee never ignored anyone except for Miguel but that's another case she didn't even ignore Aaron and he was an anomaly, they gave each other worried glances and followed her.

Arriving at her final destination, the figure of their leader stands tall in the large office ,the only light coming from the yellow and red hologram screens in front of him as he swiped through one of them.

"Miguel"

His movement stopped, he knew this day would come one way or another, she called him Miguel, not miggy, not strawberry Meggs.

Miguel.

He slowly turned around facing the little girl, it physically hurt him to see her like this, she looked so...broken.

"Don't act so surprised...I would've believed you, if I didn't know better-" her voice was too calm for his comfort, Miguel tried his best to keep his voice study as he speaks.

"Everything I have done until this second was only for your own safety and the safety of the multiverse"

"But this isn't about me, this is about my dad, you knew what was gonna happen, you killed him-"

"Listen kid ,we all have gone through similar things we know it's terrible ,but it's the truth" peter said in soft voice putting a hand on her shoulder.

" you knew?" Realization fell on her features ,Peter sighed heavily and dropped his gaze to the floor but her question was answered when he nodded his head.

She looked around at all the spider people who had the same reaction, her tearful eyes landed on her friends.

"Ren ,listen-" Gwen said stepping forward .

"I thought we were friends" she whispered, the friends that she used to laugh with, cry with, fight with was all a lie.

"So what? this is all fake ,you were all just pretending this whole time?"

"No! Of course not, we love you" Pav denied with a croaked voice, he was obviously crying .

"Then why didn't you tell me?" The room fell silent, Miguel steps forward.

"Ren, listen-"

"No ,YOU listen! you're a murderer ,you took everything from me ,I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOUR STUPID FACE EVER AGAIN! I HATE YOU!" She yelled making the whole room jump at her raging voice, she took off her gizmo and dropped it on the floor, and turned to walk away but Miguel followed her.

"Ren-" he grabbed her arm but she pushed him away as piercing ice formed in her hands ,her eyes glowed a bright white color as a warning.

"Don't. Touch me" he was frozen in place staring at her with wide eyes, the once sweet girl who couldn't hurt a fly, who always makes his days as spider man easier,  his kid was standing in front of him ready to rip him to pieces if he made one wrong move.

Everyone was too shocked to even speak as they watch their friend was away, no one dared to follow her
how could they? They were too ashamed and guilty to do so, she trusted them with all her heart only for them to throw it away in a blink of an eye.

It's safe to say that Renee is no longer Renee.