Nine

"How was your first day of school?" Jiwoong asks Zhang Hao as soon as he gets home.

"Terrible." He sighs. "The only reason I even have to go is because Hanbin goes there, but he didn't even want to talk to me... so what should I do now?"

"Just give him time." Gyuvin tells him. "Like I told you, it won't be easy, but I'm sure you can manage. After everything he's gone through, he thinks everyone has bad intentions."

"Yeah, you're right." Zhang Hao nods. "How has your day been going?"

"Nothing interesting." Jiwoong tells him. "We were just taking a break."

"You're not writing right now?"

"Nope, it's really not necessary to write their destiny 24/7. Most of the time we just let them do whatever they want."

Zhang Hao looks up at the four screens in the room. One of Hanbin, Matthew, Gunwook, and Ricky. "Wait... but are you watching them 24/7? And I know I asked yesterday, but you didn't really give me an answer. How can we see what they're doing? Do you have a camera on them or something?"

"No." Jiwoong laughs. "Like I told you, it's because I'm not a regular human."

"So what are you?"

"Just... not human. That's all." Jiwoong shrugs. "So I have other powers that you don't have."

"B-but I thought everyone got a second chance. Why aren't you human?"

"It's for different reasons." Taerae walks over to them. "There are a few reasons someone doesn't become human again after dying. Everyone gets a second chance but not everyone is able to succeed on their mission."

"But I thought if you failed you'd disappear."

"I know you're really curious since it's only your second day here, but it's better if you don't know everything." Gyuvin tells him. "Sometimes finding things out makes everything more complicated."

"Gyuvin's right." Yujin walks over to them. "And something you also need to know is that not everyone gets the same mission. Your mission was to help someone who's miserable be happy, but that wasn't my mission or the others' mission. We all get different missions."

After hearing that, Zhang Hao gets even more confused. For some reason he feels like they're hiding something from him.

"Just... please succeed." Gyuvin tells him. "Please."