Ten

Zhang Hao notices a sad look on Gyuvin's face. They just met yesterday so why is he so worried he'll fail? Just as Zhang Hao's about to say something, he looks up at Ricky's screen and his eyes widen.

"Wait, that car seems a little too close-" He turns to Gyuvin but notices he's not there anymore.

"Here we go again." Jiwoong sighs.

"Huh?" Zhang Hao asks, confused. He looks up at the screen and sees Gyuvin is with Ricky. He tried saving him, but it was a little too late. Ricky was now on the ground, covered in blood.

"Ricky!" Gyuvin cries as he pulls him close to him. "Don't worry, Ricky. You'll be okay. You'll be okay." He tells him as Ricky looks up at him weakly.

"D-do I know you?" Ricky asks him. How does he know his name?

"That's not important right now." Gyuvin shakes his head. "I'm going to save you, so there's something I must do."

"Call the ambulance!" People around them yell as a group of people have formed around them.

Ricky looks into Gyuvin's eyes for a few seconds, feeling a strange feeling in his heart. "I have to do this." Gyuvin tells him, knowing he'll be punished for it, but he can't let Ricky die.

He leans in to kiss Ricky, which starts healing him. The blood on him starts to disappear and Ricky starts getting flashbacks. Gyuvin wouldn't have wanted this moment to end, but he soon pulls away from the kiss. Regardless of what consequences he'll have to face after this, he's happy he was able to save him. "Wait... you're-" Ricky's eyes start watering. "You're my s-" But before he can say anything else, Gyuvin is teleported back to the others.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Jiwoong yells at Gyuvin. "Why would you do that?!"

Zhang Hao just stands there, being more confused than ever before. It seems like Gyuvin fell for Ricky.

"The rules were so clear, Gyuvin! Why aren't you listening?! Why did you kiss him?! Why did you save him?! It was his time to go!"

"And you wouldn't have done the same for Matthew?!" He asks him as he feels tears roll down his cheeks. "I couldn't just stand there and watch him get hurt." He shakes his head. "It might've been his time to go, but he has his whole life ahead of him. As long as I'm here, I'll never let him get hurt."

"Why would you do this, Gyuvin?" A tear rolls down Jiwoong's cheek "Y-you know the consequences. Why would you-"

"Because I love him!" Gyuvin yells at him. "I'm done pretending the past doesn't affect me! How can I know about my past and not care?!" He cries. "This is just torture, Jiwoong! At this point, I don't care about disappearing anymore. It's not like I can do anything for him."

"You can write his destiny, Gyuvin. You're in charge of it."

"Yeah, I am... But I look away for even a second and he's already dying."

"Exactly... which is why he needs you, Gyu. If you disappear, who will help him?"

Zhang Hao is still really confused, but doesn't think it's the right time to ask any questions. They're all really emotional right now and it seems like Gyuvin is going to get punished for saving Ricky.

As soon as Zhang Hao turns to Gyuvin, he doesn't see him anymore. "Wh-what just happened?" Zhang Hao asks Jiwoong and Taerae.

Jiwoong can't take it anymore. More tears roll down his face and he walks away from them. Taerae just sighs and picks up the bracelet Gyuvin was wearing, which was now on the floor.

"What just happened?" Zhang Hao asks again.

"I know you're new here, but you'll find out sooner or later anyway." Taerae sighs. "Ricky is Gyuvin's soulmate."

"Huh?"

"After we die, we all have three chances to complete a mission, which basically means we have around four lives in total. Every time we fail a mission within those three chances, we end up coming back, but all our memories are erased."

"W-wait... I'm sorry, I'm so confused."

"What I'm trying to say is that Gyuvin will come back... but this is his last chance. If he breaks another rule again, he'll disappear for real this time. After this, he'll come back, but he won't remember any of us, which is why Jiwoong's like this. Gyuvin was his best friend here, but now he won't even remember him. Jiwoong has witnessed him disappearing both times. I'm pretty new here, so I didn't witness it the other time."

"Wow, I feel so bad. That must be terrible for Jiwoong." Zhang Hao finally understands. "But what was Gyuvin's mission?"

"He needs to help Ricky find love." He tells him. "But since he kissed him and admitted he loves him, he got punished. Plus, he saved him even though it was his time to go."

Zhang Hao can't believe what he's hearing right now.

"So I'm not sure if Jiwoong and Gyuvin told you this, but you can't fall in love with Hanbin."

"What? Why would I even-"

"I'm telling you just in case." Taerae tells him. "Don't fall for him."

"Don't worry, I won't." Zhang Hao shakes his head. "I'm just here to complete my mission."

"Please succeed your mission..." Taerae tells him. "It's your last chance." He whispers.