beach

The sky is beautiful today. I wonder what it looks like at the beach right now. Probably the exact same, but it must be nice there.

It feels like it's been a while since I felt how burning hot that sand is. I liked the way it felt getting from that burning hot sand into the cool, water-soaked bit. I miss the soles of my feet getting poked by all of the little shells. I miss seeing minnows wriggling around in the water at the shore. It was fun digging holes. I always wanted some of those gloves with the claws on them so that I could dig like an animal. Giving them to me is probably a bad idea though — I would dig holes for no reason. My sister would get pissed off.

It would be fun though.

I like the smell of sunscreen. I like the smell of gasoline, jasmine — smells I grew up with. Smells from camping. I miss the dangerously hot feeling of being close to a campfire. I miss real roasted marshmallows.

Saint Augustine was always such a pretty experience too. Crowded, expensive — but so beautiful there. I loved the oddity of the believe it or not museum. The wax museum. I guess there's still a lot I want to explore.

I guess I never realized how much I like exploring until now.