Adoration

I like the way they talk about life with such whimsy. Even when I'm not there, I can hear the melodic lilt in their voice that gives away how their eyes must be shining.

They're passionate. True to themself. Genuinely authentic.

You don't find that a lot in people nowadays.
At least, not to the extent I feel with them. They're not afraid to be open with me. That's the highest honor one can receive in a world like this. It's a mess, after all — What person has the gut and gall to be so truly vulnerable?

Well, I guess I do.
But that's different.
Isn't it?

I was afraid, at first, that we wouldn't have enough in common to be compatible. I realize now that all of that is rather trivial. We have plenty in common as an added bonus, but it's the decency in a person that really draws me forward.
I'm comfortable.
I didn't think I would be.

I like the way they gush over horses. I'll admit, I don't understand all of the terms or explanations, but it's comforting to listen to. The obnoxious laughing shared betwixt us as we discussed the nuances and proper masterpieces of Yummivore and Zack Binspin. The inevitable downfall in trivia as we get murdered repeatedly and forced a fate worse than our deaths: being told to do math.

Maybe I'm not half as thoughtful and introspective as they are. But maybe I want to be. Not just for them, but for myself. For them too, as an additional plus.

I think it's telling when my mother says she likes them. My mother and I have butted heads all throughout my life, but she usually has the best in mind for me in terms of wanting me to be happy. I don't agree with her on some subjects, but she has supported me in my adulthood and I recognize those efforts to make our relationship something better. Just knowing that she likes them gives me a pleasant tingle in the cavern of my gut. Like butterflies.

They like to laugh. To play. To cuddle and romp around and extend creativity to the outside world, crafting words and colors in ways I can't even begin to fathom. How do they do it?

And how do they make me so motivated to join them?