Red Panda

I think there's good reason for considering Turning Red as a comfort movie. I think, as time goes on, I become more and more sure that you'll like the film for one scene alone.

People have all kinds of sides to them. And some sides are messy. The point isn't to push the bad stuff away, it's to make room for it. Live with it.

Trauma is all around us, obscured in little ways. In essence, we are a product of trauma because of the way our society functions. It's not insane or out of the question that so many have become radicalized against capitalism, because politicians, lobbyists, and corporations have made it their goal to be as Fucking Awful And Inhuman As Possible™.

It's no wonder we're the way we are; we keep getting our faces shoved down into the mud during present day, while we're still trying to process things that happened ten to fifteen years ago.

But my sister advises me often to feel what I am feeling. Perhaps I cannot feel as completely vulnerable with her, but I have shared much of what is on my mind, and it's partly brought me to sift through my thoughts.

There are things I wish had not happened to me. I did not deserve the things that happened to me as a child.

You didn't deserve the things that happened to you, either.
No child deserves the things we have survived.

We're left to pick up the pieces between those that care, and those that don't.

I see how hard you try.
You have a right to be angry.
You have a right to yelp in pain.
It's painful.
You need help and you deserve it.

I don't mind responding to your pain.

I don't mind seeing it and waiting it out with you. I think a relationship is worth the time it takes to sift through the mess.

I hope you're resting.
I pray that it's comfortable.
I wish that you're safe and cozy.

I love you.