⭒12

"Your love is the melody that makes me heart sing, and every beat is a beautiful symphony." 

Chaewol looked around to find that Haechan was sitting farther from everyone else and went up to take a seat beside him

Chaewol looked around to find that Haechan was sitting farther from everyone else and went up to take a seat beside him. He felt her presence next to him, but his eyes were focused on something else.

She followed his gaze to the sky and was taken aback, "Woah, I don't think I have seen these many stars in years."

"I know right." Chaewol looked to find Haechan getting lost into the beauty of the night sky. For a moment she almost felt like she could see the sky in his own eyes. His own warm eyes that were just as bright as the stars themselves.

"Woah this is crazy, you can even see both Ursa Major and Minor so clearly."

"It's the Big and Small Dipper right?" Haechan asked and Chaewol pointed out the constellations for him. "Have you heard about the myth behind the constellations?"

Haechan shook his head. "It's Jisung that is more into stuff like that."

"There are some different versions of it out there but it's said that Zeus once fell in love with a maiden called Callisto and they bore a child together who they named Arcas. When Zeus' wife Hera heard about this she got jealous. It's said that Arcas and Callisto were turned into bears and placed in the sky by Zeus for their own protection. The mother was turned into Ursa Major and the son is Ursa Major. That's why they are also known as the Great and Little Bear."

"I never knew that there was a story behind it. Seriously though what's with greek gods always running away with other women even though they are already married, especially Zeus. more than 90% of all Greek demigods are children of Zeus."

Chaewol laughed out loud at Haechan's words, "If divorce was a thing back then I'm sure that Hera would have left him immediately. But the story of the Dippers, it's a little romantic isn't it? Sure Zeus wasn't loyal to his wife, but he wanted to protect Callisto and their son. He probably didn't show that love to the right person, but still it's romantic."

"I guess it is."

"Little bear" she took a pause before whispering "like you.". The boy cocked his head wondering what she meant.

"Little bear suits you. Has anyone ever told you that you resemble a bear?"

"Yeah my grandmother does."

"You want to know something else that is interesting?" the girl asked.

"The Ursa Minor is best visible during the month of June, the same month as your birthday. It is called the little bear, like you and you know what the most interesting thing of them all is?"

In the quiet of the night, under the gentle moonlight, the girl spoke, "Your moles..." Her voice was soft and kind of mysterious, and she looked right into Haechan's eyes as if she could see into his soul. There was something special about the moment, like a secret being shared. "... they are in the same shape as the constellation." 

Haechan felt his breath get caught up in his throat as the girl moved her fingers to slowly point out the moles on his face. Haechan felt a lump in his throat as he listened to her words. The girl's fingers moved on his face, and even though they were cold, they made him feel warm inside. He couldn't help but close his eyes, letting himself be vulnerable to the moment. 

Under the moonlight, Chaewol couldn't get enough of looking at Haechan. His tan skin glowed, and his eyeslashes, which brushed against his cheeks, seemed extra long and charming. And those moles of his—Chaewol thought they were like a beautiful constellation.

God they were so beautiful, he was beautiful.

"Hey Chaewol, I have to tell you something."

"What is it?" she asked.

"Haechan isn't my real name, it's something that the boys came up with, it means fullsun."

"That explains why Renjun sometimes calls you fullsun, they chose the right name for you. What is your real name then, you don't have to tell me if you don't like it being used."

"My real name is actually Donghyuck. Haechan was something the boys came up with when we started university. I started going by that name since then."

"So you prefer to go by Haechan."

"Yeah there are not a lot of people that still call me Donghyuck anymore. But... but you can call me Donghyuck if you like."

"You're okay with that?"

Haechan nodded.

"Donghyuck... Hyuck." Haechan had never been fond of his name but today, for the first time in years, he was actually starting to like his real name. Maybe it was the way Chaewol said it, or maybe because it was Chaewol herself that said it.

She didn't know what took over her when she moved her placement to gently cup his face in her hand. She didn't want to pull away and neither did Haechan. Against her own cold skin, his skin was feverishly warm in contrast.

The boy gave into her touch, leaning into her hand.

"They look like they are about to kiss. Do you think they will do it?" Nari whispered as she peeked her head from behind the pillar.

"Seeing from the situation they are in, yes. But knowing Haechan and Chaewol probably not. I bet you that they will have their first kiss only after getting married." Renjun said.

"Listen hyung if we are going to bet then we have to do it right." Chenle joined.

"What were you thinking?" Renjun asks with his arms crossed.

"If you win the bet I will do whatever you say for an entire month. If you lose then you have to listen to me." Chenle told the rules.

"Sure, let's do it."

"Ugh you boys. I have to take a goddamn picture of this so I can tease the shit out of Haechan later." Nari ignored the boys and clicked as many pictures as she could on her phone.

"The three of you are horrible people." Mark said, knocking the heads of Renjun, Chenle and Nari. "I don't think Haechan has been able to feel this calm in a while and look at you making a bet out of it." 

"No but it's genuinely nice to see Haechan feel this comfortable around a girl that isn't Nari or his own mother." Jeno said.

"Haechan hyung and Chaewol noona are the perfect match for each other." Jisung said as well.

The group let out a series of "oohs" and "ahhs" at the words of the youngest.

"I can't believe that our Jisungie has gotten so mushy." Jaemin said, enveloping Jisung into a tight hug.

Haechan

Change this contact name

Hyuck ☀️ 🧸 

words: 1628