⭒epilogue

"Love is an energy that exists of itself. It is its own value." ~ Thornton Wilder 

Four years had swiftly passed,

"Haechan, control your rowdy kids; they're on the verge of turning me into a ghost," Chenle shrieked.

"Don't throw around adult words in front of the kids, Chenle. What if they start using them at school?" Haechan playfully scolded.

Chenle whined, "I'm done with this babysitting gig. Haechan's got twins running amok, and Nari's set to unleash another child in just two months. I'm starting to think I should head back to China before I go bald at 25."

"No, LELE will leave," Lee Yeong-Wol, the older twin brother, protested.

"Daddy, will LELE leave?" Lee Yon-Wol, the younger twin sister, chimed in, a hint of concern in her eyes.

"No, no, Uncle LELE will never leave you both. You guys are like angels; LELE would never abandon such cute little angels," Renjun reassured, prompting the kids to run and hug him.

"You're here already?" Haechan noted.

"I planned to arrive later with the others for our monthly dinner, but I came early to assist Chenle with the kids," Renjun explained.

"That's only because I offered to pay him to keep an eye on the kids," Chenle muttered, side-eyeing Renjun.

"Nari and Mark are on their way too; they cut short their shopping for something important, though they didn't spill the details," Haechan added, nodding as Renjun spoke.

3 hours later

The entire group had gathered around the dinner table. Nari and Mark presented Haechan with a gift, and Chaewol chimed in, "A present for you, Hyuck. It's from me; I asked them to buy it for you."

"Thanks, babe," Haechan expressed his gratitude, a warm smile spreading across his face. Chenle, however, couldn't resist making a playful comment. "Disgusting, shat," he teased, glancing at Chaewol and Haechan.

As Haechan carefully unwrapped the present, he suddenly stopped halfway, a mix of shock and joy coloring his expression. "Chaewol, are you serious?" he exclaimed, a big smile forming on his face.

"Maybe?" Chaewol replied, breaking into a smile before rushing to hug Haechan. Intrigued, the Dreamies hurried over to see what the fuss was about. Jaemin pulled out a baby onesie from the box, adorned with the words "Coming soon to see the world, Mom and Dad."

"YOU'RE PREGNANT, CHAEWOL!" Jaemin excitedly shouted, and everyone erupted into cheers. 

Chenle scooped up the twins, joyfully proclaiming, "You guys will have a sibling," as he spun around with them. "Wait hold up, that means that I have another kid that I need to babysit." 

As Haechan gently pulled away from the embrace, the shimmering trails of tears were evident in his eyes. "I am the luckiest man alive, Chaewol," he confessed, his voice filled with a mixture of overwhelming joy and gratitude. Chaewol, moved by his sincerity, tenderly wiped away his tears, a silent reassurance passing between them.

"Our Haewol ship has sailed perfectly," Jeno chimed in, his words laced with playfulness. The room erupted into laughter, the air buzzing with the shared happiness of witnessing a beautiful moment between the two.

Haewol shipped sailed and has finally reached the destination

Melodies of love: A Tale of Unexpected Connections

The story of Lee Haechan and Yang Chaewol

The End 

words: 516 

words: 516 

It's officially the end guys 😭

edit: OMG TYSM FOR 5K READS GUYS!!! 

I know it may not seem like such a big number but it seriously is such a big achievement for me considering that this is the first story that I ever wrote and posted. 

I remember when I first put this out, I would keep refreshing every five minutes just to see if the reads had gone up or not. I was honestly very nervous because I didn't know whether people would like this or not but it makes me so happy to see how Unexpected Connections still continues to get so many reads every single day. 

Seriously thank you to all of you.