Chapter 2: Unexpected encounters

After their enjoyable lunch, Ishani and Aarohi returned to Ishani's home, where the atmosphere was buzzing with excitement and activity. The house was in the midst of transformation, with decorations being strung up and preparations underway for Ishani's grand birthday party in the evening.

As they stepped through the gate, Ishani's eyes widened at the sight of the hustle and bustle. "Wow, it looks like everyone's been busy while we were out," she remarked, her voice laced with surprise and delight.

Aarohi chuckled, taking in the festive scene. "It's going to be an amazing party, Ishani! Your place is turning into a birthday wonderland," she said, her tone playful and excited.

They were greeted by Arjun, who was directing some decorators on where to hang a string of lights. Noticing Ishani and Aarohi, he paused and walked over to them with a smile. "You're back! Did you get everything you needed?" he asked, looking from Ishani to Aarohi.

Ishani nodded, her face breaking into a grin. "Yes, we found everything, thanks to Aarohi. I can't wait for you to see it," she replied, her excitement visible.

Arjun raised an eyebrow, a hint of mischief in his eyes. "I'm sure you're going to look stunning, Ishani. Just make sure Aarohi doesn't steal the spotlight with her dance moves tonight," he teased, glancing at Aarohi with a playful smirk.

Aarohi laughed, "Oh, don't worry, bhaiya. I won't and I know why you are saying this," she said.

Arjun with a smile said "no no, Aarohi I don't know". "Please tell me"

Aarohi looked at him with her hands fold, "Because I can't dance", she said and gave him a fake smile.

To which Arjun said,"No aarohi you dance really well", and bursted into laughter.

As they were enjoying the banter, Maya, approached them with a warm smile. She had been overseeing the party preparations but took a moment to check in on Ishani and Aarohi.

"Did you two have lunch, or have you been too caught up in your shopping spree?" Maya asked, her tone gentle and caring. "If you haven't eaten, I can prepare something for you both right now.

Ishani turned to her mother, "We actually just came back from having lunch, Ma. Aarohi treated me to a wonderful meal," she said, her eyes glancing towards Aarohi.

Aarohi nodded in confirmation, adding, "Yes, Aunty. We made sure to eat well. But thank you so much for offering. Your concern makes the meal even sweeter."

"I'm glad to hear that," Maya said. "But make sure you save some room for the party. We've got a lot of delicious treats planned for tonight.

Then with a thoughtful expression, Maya turned towards Aarohi,
"Aarohi, beta, why don't you stay here? You can get ready with Ishani. I'll ask someone to fetch your dress and anything else you need from your home." she suggested.

Aarohi's eyes lit up at the suggestion,"Aunty, that would be wonderful!" she responded enthusiastically, her voice conveying her excitement.

Ishani beamed at her mother and then at Aarohi.

Maya nodded, pleased with their reactions. "Perfect! I'll have someone go over to your place and pick up what you need, Aarohi. Just tell me the things you will need I'll talk to Anjali, and we'll take care of it," she offered.

Aarohi quickly jotted down a few items she would need to get ready for the party and handed it to Maya. "Here you go, Aunty. And really, thank you again. This is going to be so much fun!"

As Maya went off to make arrangements, Ishani and Aarohi made their way to Ishani's room.

Once inside, they settled onto Ishani's bed, Ishani picked up her phone, a smile playing on her lips as she scrolled through the messages she had received from her loved ones throughout the day. "Look at all these messages, Aarohi," she exclaimed.