Chapter 15: Moonlight

Ishani was heading to her room to change into something more comfortable when she accidentally bumped into someone.

"Ouch!" she exclaimed, touching her forehead. She looked up and saw Sameer standing in front of her.

"Sorry," Sameer said, a smirk playing on his lips. "Ittu si ho na, dikhayi nahi di," he added teasingly.

"It's okay," Ishani replied, rubbing her head. Then, she processed what he said and realized he called her short. "Oh hello, I'm 5'4", okay? I'm not ittu si," she retorted.

"Yeah, yeah, 5 feet tall," Sameer emphasized the word 'tall' while looking at her, "wear a red dress" he said. Ishani began to smile, thinking he might say something nice.

But then he added, "Looking like Santa Claus."

"Kyaaaa!" Ishani exclaimed, her smile turning into a frown, while Sameer burst into laughter.

"Jao, tum baat mat karna mere se, huhhh," Ishani said, walking towards her room with a huff. Sameer watched her fading figure, a soft smile of admiration on his face.

Just then, Rahul came up and placed a hand on Sameer's shoulder. "Hmm, Santa Claus," he teased. "Someone was clicking pictures of Santa Claus secretly, right?"

"Oyee, shut up," Sameer replied, shrugging off Rahul's hand.

"Okay, you say," Rahul continued. "Weren't you looking at her like she's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?"

"First of all, she is not a thing. And second, she is the most beautiful of all and always will be," Sameer said, his eyes drifting back towards Ishani's room.

"Prem rog lag gaya hai mere bhai ko," Rahul said with a sigh.

"Please chup ho ja bhai," Sameer responded, rolling his eyes. They both headed towards their room.

Rahul suddenly stopped and looked back, his brows furrowing. Sameer noticed and asked, "What are you looking at now? Come on, let's go."

"Yeah, you go. I'll be back, give me 2 minutes," Rahul replied.

"Okay," Sameer said, and continued to his room.

After a few moments, Rahul returned to the room he shared with Sameer, looking visibly angry. Sameer noticed his expression and asked, "What happened? Is everything okay?"

"Hmm," Rahul responded, meeting Sameer's gaze. Sameer immediately understood the situation.

"Again?" Sameer asked.

"Yeah," Rahul confirmed.

"God, bastards," Sameer muttered. "Why didn't you call me?"

"Don't worry, I handled them," Rahul replied.

"Hmm," Sameer nodded, then went to lie down on the bed while Rahul headed to freshen up.

The next morning, everyone gathered in the dining area for breakfast, filling the room with laughter and lively conversations.

"So, what's the plan for today, bacho?" Vikram asked the children.

Aarohi excitedly responded, "First of all, uncle, we are going to Devendra uncle's house to help them shift properly. Then we all will decide what to do."

"Okay, okay," Vikram smiled.

Sameer glanced at Ishani while eating, but noticed she was looking at her phone with a tense expression. Concerned, he wondered what was bothering her. He observed Aarohi leaning over and saying something to Ishani. Ishani put her phone away and gave a small, forced smile.