{32}•Bᴏɴᴅs Oғ Lᴏᴠᴇ•

Anirudh emerged from the bathroom, freshly changed, his mind still preoccupied with Mishti's unconscious form lying on the bed. Casting a tender glance toward her, he couldn't help but feel a pang of concern.

His attention shifted to the couch, where Bondita lay, still wearing the same dress, her head resting gently on the armrest as she succumbed to sleep. A fond smile tugged at his lips as he approached, drawn to her serene presence.

Standing beside her, Anirudh watched her peaceful slumber, a sense of warmth enveloping him. As a few stray droplets from his damp hair fell onto her face, Bondita stirred, her eyes fluttering open lazily. Meeting her gaze, he smiled affectionately, touched by her drowsy charm.

"Pati..babu...," she murmured softly, her voice laced with sleep.

Anirudh, settling down beside her, reached out, his gaze locked with hers. "I'm sorry main Tumhen uthana Nahi Chahta tha..," he apologized gently, his eyes reflecting her shimmering gaze.

Bondita slowly lowered herself onto the sofa, her eyes flickering with curiosity as Anirudh's apology hung in the air. "Ohhfo, pati babu, aap sorry kyu bol rahe ho? Mujhe toh waise bhi uthna hi thi na... Mujhe change karni thi," she murmured softly, her voice laced with understanding.

"Hmmm..." Anirudh merely hummed in response, his gaze fixed on her, his thoughts seemingly elsewhere.

Sensing his preoccupation, Bondita studied his face intently, her brows furrowing with concern. "Kya hua, pati babu? Aap aise kya dekh rahe ho?" she inquired, her voice tinged with curiosity and a hint of worry.

Anirudh's hand slowly reached out, gently stroking her cheek as he spoke, his touch tender and affectionate. "I have all the rights to stare at my little princess... Main yeh toh kar sakta hu na, I mean ab yeh mat bolo ki yeh bhi allowed nahi hai..." he whispered softly, his words filled with adoration and warmth.

Bondita's cheeks burned hotter as she averted her gaze, feeling a rush of warmth flood her cheeks. Anirudh's gentle touch on her chin made her heart flutter, coaxing her to meet his gaze once more. As he drew closer, his voice soft and tender, he asked, "Kya hua?"

Her blush deepening, Bondita whispered, "Uhm... mujhe sharma aa rahi hai," her words barely audible, her eyes flickering with a mixture of shyness and affection.

Anirudh's chuckle was like music to her ears, his eyes locking with hers as he closed the distance between them. "Aur mujh yeh pata nahi tha ki meri Patni sharmati hui kuch zyada hi sundar lagti hai," he confessed, his voice filled with admiration and love.

Bondita took a deep breath and gently removed his hand, a playful glint dancing in her eyes as she teasingly chided him, "Aap bhi na... kuch bhi bolte rehte ho!"

Anirudh chuckled softly, his gaze warm and affectionate as he slowly took Bondita's hand and guided her onto his lap. Bondita gasped in surprise, her eyes widening as she found herself enveloped in his embrace. "Ky-kya kar rahe ho aap!" she exclaimed, her voice laced with a mix of astonishment and delight.

Anirudh pressed a tender kiss to the top of her head, his lips brushing against her hair as he whispered softly, "Shhh! Thodi der aise hi raho... I just like it... I mean, I love it!" With a gentle yet firm hold, he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer until her head rested against his chest.

Bondita felt her heart swell with emotion as she nestled against him, the steady rhythm of his heartbeat soothing her troubled thoughts. In his embrace, she found a sense of peace and security, a feeling of being cherished and loved. Closing her eyes, she allowed herself to savor the moment, reveling in the warmth and intimacy shared between them.