Chapter 4

1 year later

Many things have changed since I graduated from the academy. I am now five years old, and now at high chunin to low jonin level.

Working under Commander Hawk, and Dragon has been difficult, but rewarding. I've learned many things, but the only thing that holds me back now is my body. I am to young, and my stamina is to low. But I am quick on my feet, and I'm fast. My speed makes up for my weaknesses.

Commander Dragon said that with time that would change.

—————

I am not the only that one that has changed, Haru has also become stronger. During the year when our lives changed, I hear that the people that were interested in Haru were people from TI. (Torture & Integration)

He graduated the academy about 3 months ago, and became an apprentice to the head of TI. He seems to be enjoying it. From the whispers I've hear around is that he is a prodigy in integration.

Haru and I have been busy but we always made time for each other. Whenever we had time off which was rare we would climb the hokage momentum and relax. That was time when we allowed ourselves to rest. I still remember when haru asked me another one of his questions.

5 month ago

"Hey Miyu-nee, why are you in a rush ? Lately you have been training like the world is gonna end. I'm worried Nee-San," he states with a frown.

I contemplate his question as I look up at the clouds. "Things are getting worse with the other villages. I can feel that war is close to breaking out. I'm just trying to get stronger. Our time running out and I'm trying to make sure that I'm strong enough to survive and protect you."

"You always say that nee-san, and always talk about time like it's your worst enemy," he says with a pout.

I smile and my eyes soften as I look at him. "That's because it is."

"What do you mean by that nee-San?"

"I'll tell you one day," I smile with my eyes closed.

"It's a promise then," he grumbles.

I huff out a laugh, "you and your promises ototo," I smile fondly.

——————

I smile at the memory. Some time has passed since then, and war has gotten closer.

During my apprenticeship I was finally inducted into the shadows, and received my anbu, and hunter nin seal that marks me as shinobi from shadows. My anbu mark is in my right shoulder, and my hunter-nin mark is the left side of my chest area. As time passed since my graduation people have gradually forgotten about me and Haru. That is because only those in the ranks knew about our early graduation, so it was easy to walk around the village without the civilians always gawking at us. Although I know that shinobi categorize Haru and I as prodigies.

During my time in anbu I was able to meet many people. And of those people were Sakumo Hatake. Kakashi Hatakes father. Right now kakashi is now three years old. Sakumo is always gushing about how his son is so smart, and cute.

I met Sakumo during my third month of being apprenticed under commander dragon. To say he was surprise was an understatement. He was beyond angry, saying how could they let a child in anbu. I cut in to his ranting, and told him that it was my choice.

He shoulders sagged a bit, and looked at me and said, "But you're so small," his eyes looking at me softly.

"Hatake-San, I've heard that you also became a shinobi at a young age, and even fought in war. I just want to be strong enough to protect those I love," I tell him while looking him in the eyes.

He shoulders sag in reluctance and nods.
He looks at my mask, and smirks.

"Well nice to meet you, Fox-Chan!!"
—————