Chapter 6

ANBU HEADQUARTERS

Once I get to headquarters, I see Commander Dragon waiting for me. He nods at me and motions to follow him.

We walk into his office and I close the door.

He activists the silencing seal and proceed to speak.

"Operative Fox, you will be assigned to an infiltration team that is headed to Iwa. The team has been order to infiltrate their ranks, and gather intelligence on them. This is a high-risk and priority mission. I will not lie to you the risk is very high. Usually we wouldn't have someone as young as you involve in this mission, but you are the most suitable one for this. As much as I hate to admit it, you're strong and smart. They will underestimate you, and that would give you a huge advantage. Do you accept this mission, Fox," he states.

I known Commander dragon for sometime now, and I can tell his reluctance in letting me be part of this mission. The mission will give me experience, and I would be an able to help my village.

I nod my head, "I accept this mission."

He huffs, " I knew you would. You leave in an hour. Pack light, and you'll meet your team at the gates," I nod my head.

I'm about to shunshin to my apartment when I hear him say.

"Stay safe Miyuki-chan," he says with an emotion that I can't decipher. Stupid mask I grumble.

"Yes shishou," and I shunshin to my apartment.

~~~~~~~~

When I get to my apartment i notice that Haru is in his room. I can feel his chakra moving around, so his probably packing for a mission too.

I walk into my room and start packing my bag. I make sure I have everything and seal it into a scroll. When I head to the living room, I see that Haru is waiting for me.

He smiles once he sees me.

"Hey nee-san, you're leaving too," he questions.

I nod.

He frowns, "Is it an anbu mission," he questions again.

"Yes, Haru-Ototo. What about you? "

"I have a mission too. I'm heading to transport supplies to our comrades near the border. Should not take more than two weeks," he says reassuringly once he sees the worry in my eyes.

I nod reluctantly, and frown. "Why are you being sent on a supplies mission? Aren't you still working in TI," I say.

"Yup still working there. But I was assigned on this mission because there were short on people. You know with everything going on."

I look at him, and can't help but worry.

He looks at me fondly.

"Miyu-nee stop worrying. You'll get stress lines," he jokes.

"But seriously, I'll be fine. You've taught me everything you know. And the head of torture, and integration is no slacker either. I'll see you when you get home nee-chan."

I smile and walk up to him to hug him.

"Stay safe ototo, because kami-sama I don't know what I would do without you. Just stay safe, okay?"

"You to nee-chan. Stay safe. You is all I got, so make sure to stay safe," he grins.

"Will do. I love you ototo. See you later," as I'm about shunshin.... Haru also says.

"I love you nee-chan, and I'll see you later!" He waves.

I put my mask in and shunshin to the main gates. I spot the team that I will be traveling and nod at them. They debrief me about the situation that we will be walking into and all other stuff I need to know for this mission.

As we are making our way to Iwa, I get this feeling dread. I quickly shake off the feeling. I can't offered to get distracted right now.

————

If only knew that, that would be the last time that I saw Haruki and Sakumo. If only I would have stayed. Would I have made a difference?

How annoying.

I know the answer to that.

No, I would have not made a difference.

But maybe I could have done something to prevent something horrible from happing.

But I am no god.

And I wasn't trying to be.