Chapter 3

We arrived at the academy on time.

Haru and I entered the Academy at the same time, since Haru was progressing at a faster rate than a normal child .We were both able to enter the academy early. I still wonder if that has anything to do with my influence.

Who am I kidding, of course it does.

Anyways Haru and I often get mistaken for twins, but we don't bother to correct them. The less they know the better in my opinion. Haru on the other hand loves to interact with people, he feeds on the affection from others, which I don't find a problem with. He knows that I like keeping to myself most of the time, so he doesn't force me to interact.

Suddenly a realization comes to mind.

"Hey, Haru-kun, you never told me your dreams, or goals," I say curiously.

Haru smiles at me. "I'll tell you one day, maybe after you tell me yours. Then we'll celebrate together," he says with a soft voice.

I smile at him. "I'll hold you to it."

"Miyu-nee, what are your plans when you graduate," he asks while observing other students from the classroom.

"I plan to be a ninja of the shadows," I tell him with a lowered voice.

He looks at me and squints his eyes. And his eyes softened and his smile almost forced.

"The kind of job suits you nee-san, although it pains me saying that. You are the strongest kunoichi in the academy, so I know you're strong. But with that job you have to be—"

I finished his sentence "-the strongest. I know ototo. It is something that I seriously considered. I know we are still young, and my body is small. But I want to learn now so I can be better prepared for anything."

"Miyu-chan, what are you preparing for," he asks cautiously.

I look out the window, and see shinobi and kunoichi jumping on the roofs hurriedly, almost like in a panic. I can tell they are anxious.

"I am preparing for the worst. I don't know if you know haru, but currently tensions are high and war might break out in less than two years. We will be going against two of the strongest shinobi nations. It will not be easy. I know lives will be lost, and people will mourn for them. All I want is to ensure our survival. Ensure yours." I look out the window and see the tree leaves falling.

"I want to make sure that I am strong enough for people to depend on. I just want to be someone who is able to protect people that I love," I tell him while thinking of the people from my past life,and him.

"Nee-san, I know. The caretakers at the orphanage are always talking about it worriedly. Thank you for telling Miyu-chan," he tells me fondly.

He comes closer to my ear and whispers, "I believe in you," he tells me with adoration in his eyes. I look at him fondly and reply that I know.

__________________

They didn't know that they were being watched by an old man smiling fondly from a crystal ball.

"Kohana, is in good hands. Do you see this Hashirama, Tobirama, the will of fire still burns."

___________________

"Okay class make sure to study survival tactics, and if you have any question let me know," Shin-sensei says in a monotone voice.

"Class dismiss," the student hurriedly leaves the class with their friends giggling and laughing.