Chapter 5

I year later

Time has passed, and like always it was my worst enemy. I was too late to save Sakumo from that mission. I didn't even know he received that mission until I heard the whispers from the villagers.

I knew then that I was too late. Since i was still to young, I was not let in the know of high risk mission that my comrades received, and I didn't receive any of those type of missions. The only mission I did was A-rank and below, and never by myself. It was the same for my other job. Commander Hawk said that I will have to grow a bit more to start doing high-risk missions for the organization on my own.

But I knew that, that would change when war was declared. Age, and height would no longer, matter no matter how morbid that sounded to others.

As I was walking down that street I spot Sakumo walking down the street, and I can see the glares the civilians throw at him. And I can also see how that affected him.

As a was looking at him, I hear a male civilian speak bad about him as if he was a traitor.

"That man is the reason we are going to war. It's all his fault. A lot of our own are going to die because of hatake," he spats his name is venom.

Rage build inside me. And I stand in front of the civilian calmly.

"You speak as if he was an enemy. And you dare sate that this war was caused by him. But you're wrong."

His eyes turn livid, " you speak as if you know what you are talking about. But you are just a child that doesn't know anything," he states vehemently.

"You can say whatever you want about me, but don't go around spreading lies about one of our most loyal shinobi. The war won't happen because of him. War was evitable from the start," I state calmly.

The civilian splutters in shock. Other civilians are gawking at me.

The male civilians stares at me his eyes filled with regret and resignation. And looks at me curiously, " and who are you child?"

I look him in the eye, " I am Miyuki Uzu a genin," and walk away.

The civilians finally looked at the beadband that was wrapped around my neck in shock.

I ignore them.

I run to catch up next to Sakumo, and walk next to him. He quietly looks at me and nods his head in thanks. I shook my head and pouted. He chuckles. Once we reach his house, I noticed that kakashi was not here. I look at him in question.

He smiles, " He is in the Academy right now," he says simply.

" Listen Miyu, I'm sorry-," I cut him off.

"Sakumo you don't have to apologize for anything. None of it is your fault. War was going to happen whether we liked it or not."

He looks at me as if to protest.

"Sakumo I checked the details to your mission. And it was a suicide mission. It was sketchy as fuc——-"

"Don't curse Miyu-Chan. And I can't turn down a mission. I have a duty to my village," he states.

"And what about kakashi, your son. He loves you sakumo. And —"

"Don't say anything else Miyu-Chan. I failed the MISSION! Everything was at staked, but I decided to abandon the mission. I broke the shinobi rule! I am worst than scum," he shouts despairingly.

I look at him and I can see his stress line on his face. I can see the anguish in his eyes. In this moment I can tell that whatever I say next will have a tremendous impact on his life. That is if I choose to say it. There's a lot of things that I have consider, but I know sakumo. Loyal to a fault. Whatever I say next will change something for the better, or the for the worst.

Suddenly I am reminded of a certain Uchiha. I narrow my eyes and with a voice filled with convection, " In the world, those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum. I'd rather be worst than scum," I tell him definitely.

Sakumo looks at me in shock. His mouth hanging up opening.

"You surprise me every time Miyu-Chan," he signs.

"You should meet kakashi. You would be a good influence on him. I'm surprise you haven't met him yet," he say amusingly.

I sign. Now that I think about, subconsciously I think that I might have been avoiding kakashi, and other people that would become famous later on. Like Minato, Obito , Ino-Shika-Cho, Kushina.......

The burden of knowing is always too much. But letting other people know isn't an option right now. I would be suspected as a traitor, or worst an enemy. That is something I could not afford to happen.

"I have mentioned you to Kakashi, and he gets this curious look in his eyes. I know he wants to meet you. Now that I think about it you are about two years older than him. Would you like to meet him," he asks.

I contemplate whether to agree or not. I'm about to agree, when there is a bird knocking on the window. I see the anbu seal that is address to me.

~~~~~~
Fox,

Report to HQ immediately to await orders for mission.

Commander Dragon

~~~~~~~

"Sorry Sakumo. I have to report to HQ, I would like to meet kakashi, but until I get back."

Sakumo smile sadly and nods his head.

"It's fine kid, make sure to stay safe and alert."

"Will do wolf-senpai," I say with a wink

He chuckles.

As I'm walking at the door, I hesitate to leave. What if something happens? Will sakumo do it? He seems okay right now? Right?

A throat clears, " I'll be fine Miyu-chan... When you come back I'll make dinner and then you could meet kakashi," he says.

I smile. Yeah, I think he will be alright.

"Okay sakumo-senpai, see you later," I say cheekily and sushin to Anbu Headquarters.