Chapter 10

Miyuki POV

I knew my teammates would call me eventually to update me about the situation of our mission, but I honestly thought that they would give me a few days to rest and heal.

Let myself grieve, but like always something is always up.

It hasn't even been a week yet.

But it's fine.

I have to keep going...

I can't afford to rest.

Har—-

(I stop myself from thinking further. )

When kakashi offered to help me I was honestly surprised. I mean wasn't he suppose to be rude or something. Although I can't rely on my memories from my past life that much anymore. After all everything started going downhill when Tobi attacked the leaf village.

We made our way to the hospital in silence. I can tell from kakashi body language that he was uncomfortable, and hesitant. I can conclude that he most likely never really interacted with someone close to his age.

Man, why does this world have to be so complicated. Although that was very dumb of me, to think that. What world is not complicated...

My thoughts wonder over to the events that have transpired, and my heart could only thump painfully.

Losing him was like having my heart torn away. It's a constant ache, a void that no amount of time or distraction can fill. Every memory, every moment we shared, feels like a knife to the soul, a bittersweet reminder of what once was. It's as if the world has lost its color, and I'm left navigating through a landscape of gray. Grief weighs heavily on my chest, making it hard to breath, hard to even imagine a life without him in it.

Yet, admits these painful feelings, there's a strange comfort in the memories that linger, a reminder of the love we shared, and the impact he had on my life.

Despite all of these chaotic thoughts, I can't help but know that Hikaru would not want me to wallow in misery.

I know that hatred leads to nothing but even more pain. Although feeling it once in a while is not that bad because it lets you know how much that person means to you.

Thinking about this makes me think of my past life. There are many similarities between both worlds. So many selfish people that start war because of their greed. so many lives lost for a ridiculous war, that leaves no one left winning in the end.

It just makes me think that I should've done nothing at all. I should've just stayed a civilian, and gotten a normal job. But....

I know myself too well. I wouldn't be able to stay put.

I know to much.

I've experienced to much.

I've lost to much.

I've loved to much.

I just want to —...

"Haruki!!!," exclaims kakashi .

My back straightens, and I immediately make eye contact with kakashi.

His eyes express relief.

"I've been trying to get your attention. We're here."

I could only nod my head. I close my eyes and exhale.

"I can go in by myself. Thank you kakashi. You can head back to the apartment, I'll pick up food on the way."

His eyes narrowed. "You sure?"

" Yeah my team must be waiting for me right now. We have some things to discuss, and it would probably take some time. But you can wait if you want."

He nods his head and starts making his way to the waiting area.

My eyes soften when I see how uncomfortable he is. He really doesn't have to, but that doesn't stop the warmth from spreading in my chest.