Chapter 7

Iwa

It took two days to get to Iwa. Three days to successfully infiltrate the ranks. While we were there Iwa declared war on the leaf village.

I was filled with dread thinking about Haru, and Sakumo. But I had to get a grip, and keep my cover. I can't afford the loose my grit, especially now when information is vital for the success in our mission.

The tension on the team was extreme. Knowing that we could be found out by one little slip.

I notice a group of high ranking Iwa jonin in the bar. I henge into a civilian and sit close enough to hear the conversation.

"—fucking leaf scum. They're difficult to kill," one of them said.

I make sure to not tense at their words.

"So where are you heading next?"

" we're heading to border and ambushing some leaf shinobi and taking out as much as leaf ninja as we can—," he smirks.

"Yeah, we are also planning to infiltrate their main base, and planting explosives. We have infiltrated their base, and we know what they are planning next. We will be attacking in five days ," he states seriously as he downs a drink.

"Damm man. Make sure to leave some of them alive for torture," he grins.

They start talking about other mundane things, and my mind is going a million miles per hour. Thinking about a traitor in our ranks.

Shit we have to get to kohana immediately, and report.

This can't wait.

I calmly start making my way out of the bar.

I start walking to the meeting area that I was going to meet my team at.

Once I get there I signed that we need to retreat. They immediately tense and we start making our way out of  the village.

We make it a safe distance away from Iwa people.

"Main base has been infiltrated. There is a traitor among them. Our plans have been leaked," I can see their muscles tense. 

"We need get back to kohana and alert the third hokage," operative frog says.

We all nod, but suddenly we all tense.

Operative sloth signs 32 joinin heading our way.

I sign 'Have we been compromise?'

Sloth signs 'no'

I nod

Operative neko signs 'ambush?'

When the female anbu signs that, they all look at me.

I sign, 'I can handle it. I'm fast.'

The nod their heads

We had not time to plan, only being able to decided whether we ambush or run.

We couldn't afford to be found out, so to ambush them was the only choice we had.

And so we did.

It was hard, It was ruthless, and it was fast.