Season 1 - Part 4

"How are you feeling?" Asked mom. "I'm feeling alright, not the best though.." I said. "I wish I wasn't so sick though," I laughed through the pain. Mom laughed too, "it's gonna be ok darling," she said, genuinely, "it shouldn't last that long, unless she's got some curse."

"That's silly. Marina wouldn't have a curse." Crybaby said. "I'm gonna go to sleep now."

"Ok," Mom started, "sleep well." She left the room, turning the lights off on her way out.

- Time Skip -

Crybaby walked to the bus stop, sniffling occasionally. She had barely slept the entire night. She kept coughing and sneezing herself awake.

"Hey, Cry!" Yelled a voice from a few feet away. "Wait for me!" The voice got closer as Crybaby turned around to see Emma.

"Oh, hey Emma." Crybaby said, her voice scratchy from coughing all night.

"Holy shit, Crybaby. You sound awful." Emma said, all the joy leaving her face. "What the hell happened to you?"

Crybaby gave Emma an exhausted look.

"Oh no, did your limited edition signed copy of Patsy Cline's 1962 studio album "sentimentally yours" get damaged?" Emma asked, full of concern.

"How dare you!" Crybaby said, genuinely offended. "I protect my limited edition signed copy of Patsy Cline's 1962 studio album "sentimentally yours" with my LIFE!"

"Oh, my bad. I forgot." Emma said. "Then, why do you look like death?"

"Marina got me sick." Crybaby shrugged.

"Oh no." Emma took a step away from Crybaby. "When?"

"Last night?" Crybaby said, raising an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Uh.." Emma started taking more steps away from Crybaby. "I'll text you!" Emma said, before running away as fast as she could.

Crybaby watched Emma as she ran back down the street. The bus finally arrived and Crybaby got on. When she got to school, she began searching for Marina.

- Time Skip -

Crybaby kicked open the door to the school bathroom. "MARINA!" She yelled, taking steps further into the bathroom. "I know you're in here."

Crybaby looked around the bathroom. At all the sinks, behind the trash can, and even under all the stalls, but she couldn't see Marina anywhere.

"Marina?" Crybaby asked into the empty bathroom. "Are you here?"

"Why are you in here?" Asked a voice from behind Crybaby. She turned around to meet the person's eyes.

"Oh, Troye! Why are you in the girls bathroom?"

"This isn't the girls bathroom." Troye said, pointing over his shoulder to the sign on the door. "It's the guys bathroom."

"Oh." Crybaby said, face turning red at her mistake. "Oopsie."

"Get out of here, Cry." Troye said, walking further into the bathroom, making his way to a stall.

"Oh, right!" Crybaby said, before running out the door. She quickly made her way to the girls bathroom. "MARINA?" She tried again. "I know you're in here!"

"What on earth are you doing?" Said Marina, meeting Crybaby's gaze. "And why do you sound awful?"

"You!" Crybaby accused. "You got me sick! And Emma is terrified of me now!" Crybaby began taking steps towards Marina. "Emma ran away from me this morning! Why? Why is Emma so afraid of YOU getting me sick?" Crybaby grabbed Marina's shoulders. "Why?"

"Oh," Marina started, brushing Crybaby's hands away and taking a step back. "It's cause I'm cursed."

"What do you mean your-" Crybaby got cut off by the school bell.

"Oh no!" Marina said, pretending to sound concerned. "We have to get to class!" She continued, before running out of the bathroom.

Crybaby watched Marina run out of the bathroom, then sat down on the tile floor. "I'm not going to class." She said to herself.

She reached into her bag and pulled out a ziploc bag filled with puzzle pieces. "It's puzzle time!" She said, then poured the bag out onto the floor, and began solving the puzzle.