𝕎𝕒𝕝𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕋𝕒𝕝𝕝

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life"

                                              —  Mark Twain

Aurora was sitting in the car with Meredith, Maggie, and Amelia, waiting for Alex to get in the car.

"This can't be right. They live here?"

"I mean, when you said carpool, I thought you meant just us. Where is Alex?" Meredith asked.

"Who knows, with the two of them," Aurora said.

Meredith looked at her. "What's that supposed to mean? And carpooling is supposed to save time"

"I think you know what it is supposed to mean"

"This guy with the beard-- I have seen him perform a sex act to buy drugs, take the drugs, and fall asleep. He's had a full day already"

Meredith chuckles a little. "And yet we're still here"

"At least I think he's asleep"

"Go over and see," Aurora said.

Maggie turned to look at her. "And get stabbed no thank you"

"Okay, guess there is a dead dude then"

Amelia looked over at her and poked her side. Aurora turned to look at her, and Amelia just shook her head at her.

"Boo!" Alex said popping his head in Maggie's window, scaring them.

"Alex! I've been sitting out here 20 minutes"

"Well, yell at Jo. For not changing her oil in over a decade"

"Between you and this anatomy class, my morning is shot. I need to stop teaching this anatomy class"

Alex then got in the back, making Amelia move to the middle.

"Your neighbors seem nice"

"Yeah, the block's a pit, but it's cheap," Alex said buckling his seatbelt.

"Everybody buckled?" Meredith asked and then picked up her phone since it was going off. "Webber needs one of us to walk Bailey into her surprise breakfast thing this morning"

"No, thanks," Amelia and Maggie said.

"Not I"

"Nope, sorry Mer"

"I hate all of you"

Aurora smiles. "Love you to Mer"

🏥🏥🏥

Aurora was standing with Amelia, Maggie, and Callie in the Attending lounge talking.

"I mean, I just-- I just-- I-I barely know this woman we had like two dates last week. She asked to see me again tonight. It's crazy. I can't stop thinking about her. You know when you meet someone and you get that flutter" Callie says and giggles a little. "That-- that rush it feels like you know them and they know you and you think to yourself, I could stare at this person's face forever? Do you know what I mean? Or maybe not"

Aurora and Amelia both nodded their heads in agreement since they knew what it is like.

"So, I looked it up, and Bailey's the first"

"First what?"

"First female chief of surgery of this hospital," Arizona said and cleared her throat. "Before that, all men"

"I say it's about time"

"And all the department chiefs are women-- Neuro, Cardio..."

"We got trauma," Jackson told them.

"Ortho, Fetal" Amelia added on.

"Badass! Ladies this place is run by ladies. It's... ladyplace"

"No. It is. Not 'ladyplace' is what my grandma calls her vagina"

"Oh!"

Arizona laughs a little and Aurora shakes her head with a small chuckle.

"To anyone who will listen, by the way-- she is not shy. No, we can't this place anyplace. I don't need to think of that sweet, sweet, raunchy, old lady's vag every time I walk through the doors" Maggie added.

"Me neither, but I will now," Alex said.

"She's coming, she's coming!"

Everyone then gathered around the door and waited for Bailey to wall in.

"Well, I'm glad to see you're all here. Uh, but if you had your e-mail, you would have known that one of the many things that I will be implementing as chief. Is no more weekly Attendings' meetings" Bailey said looking at all of them.

"Uh, well, actually, this is a st--"

"See, less talking about saving lives and more saving of the lives. Thank you" Bailey said and walked out of the room.

Aurora shrugged a little and walked out of the room, to get to work.

🏥🏥🏥

Aurora walked into the elevator to go to the daycare and get Hope, when she saw Amelia getting on.

"Hey"

Amelia looked over at her and smiled. "Hey"

"How's Jade?" Aurora asked leaning back against the elevator wall.

"She's stable. Just have to see how it goes from there"

"That's good"

Amelia then stood in front of her. "Want me to wait for you while you go and get Hope?"

Aurora shook her head. "You don't need to do that"

"I want to"

Aurora sighs. "You're lucky cute"

Amelia smiles and kissed her, Aurora kisses her back, and then pulled away when the elevator doors opened.

🏥🏥🏥

Edited: no

{793}