𝕊𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝔸𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕤𝕥 𝕐𝕠𝕦

"The old faiths light their candles all about, but burly truth comes by and blows them out"

- Lizette W. Reese

Aurora was lying on a bed in an on-call room, sleeping since she pulled a night shift. But then she woke up to Amelia crawling to lay beside her. "Oh. Hey," she said and wrapped an arm around her, and placed her head near her.

"I found you," Amelia said placing her hand on Aurora's arm that was around her.

"Pulled a night shift. But this is a nice way to wake up" Aurora said and kissed her neck. "How's your day so far?"

"I had to listen to Torres go on and on about her girlfriend, who Meredith's got basically chained to her service. I don't know how she even looks at her"

Aurora just stared at her and just kissed her. Amelia kissed back and placed her hand in her hair.

"I'm sorry. You were saying?" Aurora asked pulling away for a bit.

"Was I?"

Aurora chuckles a little and kisses her again.

🏥🏥🏥

Aurora watched Meredith talk to Penny and when Penny walked away and Meredith walked to the nurse station.

"How do you do that?" Aurora asked walking closer to Meredith.

"How do I do what?"

"Work with Blake after... I mean, Mer how are you doing that?"

Meredith sighs. "Oh. Well, I thought that I could treat her like any other Resident. But that was really hard, because I wanted to punch her in the face. Like, a lot. So now I'm trying something different. I am keeping her on a short leash at a distance so at least she can't hurt anyone else"

"Well, I know I definitely couldn't do it"

"Well, she's here. She's not going anywhere, so..."

Aurora nods her head a little and turns around and walks away.

🏥🏥🏥

Aurora was sitting at the Island eating with Meredith, Amelia, Alex, and Maggie who walked up to them.

"Finally. God, what took so long?" Maggie asked.

"Whoa, relax. This was nice of me, remember?"

"I didn't know you were gonna make the food"

"She's cranky. Bailey hired a new cardio guy without telling her" Amelia said.

"That's jacked. Who is this guy?"

"It just means I'm gonna have to train another alpha male not to pee all over the place," Maggie said.

"Mmm. I hate it when they pee"

"Derek peed a lot"

"Oh, come on. We're not like that"

Aurora gave Alex a look. "Yeah, you do''

"When you got here, you peed everywhere. It was disgusting. You had to be trained"

"Nobody trained me"

Aurora shook her head. "No, we need"

"It was subtle. But we trained you, and you didn't notice" Meredith said.

"Is that why you made me get the food?"

"Sure, let's go with that" Aurora mumbled and stood up to get something to drink.

"Not even that. It's the patients, it's the way that they always look to the man in the room first no matter who is talking to them" Maggie rambled.

"Yes"

"That's a thing?" Alex asked.

"Not for you Buddy" Aurora and walked by him and patted his shoulder and then sat back down.

"And then there's the whole other thing... You know, I just-- I thought I was done with that here. This guy just comes in. He's taking consults without even talking to me about it--"

"What whole other thing?" Amelia asked looking at Maggie. "That? Come on, is that a thing?"

"Of course it is"

"Here?"

"Yeah, here. Anywhere. Ask Edwards. Ask Bailey" Maggie said.

"I can't believe that"

"That's cause it's not your thing"

🏥🏥🏥

If I did a fanfic about the way home a series on Hallmark would you want to read it?

Edited: no

{635}