Epilogue

Aemeryn stood on the balcony overlooking the training yard with Aemond by her side. Four years had passed since the coronation, and Rhaenyra had earned herself the nickname Rhaenyra the Merciful after not killing Aegon or sending him to the wall. The duo watched Harwin as he began training Aegon and Viserys with their wooden swords for the day.

"Aemeryn the Cruel," Aegon said in a singsong voice as he walked over to Aemond and Aemeryn. Aemeryn tensed up and glared at him once he stood beside her. Aegon laughed softly and pulled her into a hug, and Aemeryn smacked at his chest.

"I thought that name had died."

"It has," Aegon said before suddenly turning serious. "We need her again."

Aemeryn looked at Aemond over her shoulder, and Aemond alternated his gaze between Aegon and Aemeryn. During the first few months of Rhaenyra's reign, there had been people that attempted to start uprisings in Aegon's name to force Rhaenyra from the throne. Aemeryn the Cruel was the nickname Aemeryn earned during these uprisings on account of how she handled them. She felt like she had a ridiculous amount of names that the people called her now. The Rogue Princess was still a favorite; there was also Aemeryn the Cruel, the Terror of the Stag, and the Whisperer of Dragons. Aemeryn was almost positive Aegon was the one behind the dragon name.

"What's happened?" Aemeryn finally asked as she let her gaze wander back to the training yard.

"Another uprising. This one is your favorite family, Em."

"The Baratheons?" Aemond asked in a huff. He squeezed Aemeryn's waist gently in an attempt to keep her calm. Of course Cassandra Baratheon was making her move now. Shortly after the coronation, Aemeryn learned that Cassandra and Tyland Lannister had wed. She knew that something was up between the two of them when she saw them that day. She had also warned her mother to watch them closely.

"Well, Lord Commander, what are we to do?" Aemeryn asked as she arched her brow. Aegon smirked and adjusted the gold cloak on his shoulder. Rhaenyra had appointed Aegon as Lord Commander a year after she had ascended the Iron Throne. Harwin had given him the position gladly to fulfill his new role. Aemeryn had been appointed Mistress of Law, Jace was Master of Seas, and Aemond had become Hand of the Queen.

"We stop it before it begins. However, Her Grace has commanded that they are to be allowed to live unless they march." Aemeryn rolled her eyes and jumped slightly when an excited squeal came from below.

"Daddy!" Amara cried as she tossed the wooden sword down and began to run across the yard. Aemond grinned and ran down the stairs to meet her part of the way. Her blonde curls were bouncing down her back and flew behind her as Aemond picked her up in a spinning hug.

"Mama!" Aemeryn grinned when she heard her name and ran the same way Aemond had. Daemon tried his best to run to her, but his legs were still too small at three. If the maesters were to be believed, Daemon had been conceived the day they overtook King's Landing.

Aemeryn picked him up and planted kisses all over his little face. Daemon kicked and giggled when they began to tickle, and she leaned over to press a kiss to Amara's hair. She had her fingers firmly wrapped in Aemond's hair as she told him her story with all of the excitement of a small child.

"So Grandpa let you sit out here and play with swords, did he?" Aemond asked with a grin. Harwin approached and grinned sheepishly.

"Little young, aren't they, Your Grace?" Aemeryn asked with a smile as she adjusted Daemon in her arms. Harwin ran his hand down Amara's hair then Daemon's before pressing a kiss to Aemeryn's forehead.

"Never call me Your Grace." Harwin had married Rhaenyra a year after the death of Daemon. While Aemeryn was glad that they could finally be together, she couldn't stop the longing she felt for her own father. "What's the status with the Baratheons?"