I

POW POW POW POW POW

As the car sped away from the block, chaos filled the quiet neighborhood. A man was discovered on his porch, surrounded by a pool of blood, his body motionless in the cold weather. Upon glimpsing the distressing scene, neighbors peered outside and quickly realized the man was in need of assistance.

"Oh my God! That man is dead!"

"Keep the kids in the house!"

"Call 911! Jesus Christ!"

"RJ! RJ! No, no, no, no!" Rylo shouted.

His brother came running outside to the pavement. He held his brother in his arms and broke down. He was distraught by the death of his brother. The entire neighborhood was torn since this was their first incident in a couple years. The neighborhood has been relatively quiet for a while.

Rylan and Rizo were related to Rylo and RJ. Rylan was out for the night and Rizo lived out of town. Rylo and Rizo didn't really get along that well, but they were still brothers. They would have a lot of disagreements and arguments which made their relationship crumble.

What do I do? Who do I believe? Kai is a sweetheart! He wouldn't murder anybody! Right? It's hard to believe anyone when the person who has shown me genuine love and gave you the world is being accused of such an act! I don't know...maybe I'm overthinking or maybe my friends are just looking out for me.

~2 Years Later~

As I'm getting ready for the day, I notice I had not put no earrings in. Now how the hell did I forget that? Business has been booming and I couldn't be more grateful for the success! Tomorrow marks my second anniversary of my shop and I have big plans. I'm hosting an event along side my brother at this venue we rented out for the night. I sale clothes from XS to 4XL, jewelry, accessories, and a little bit of cosmetics here and there. I also have two small stores in the city and people are free to shop online as well. I love what I do! I've been grinding so hard and it's already been two years! I wish my brother was here to see it, but I just know he's happy and watching over me.

BZZ BZZ BZZ

What these girls want?

"Hello?"

"Hey! You ready for the big day?!" Kacey asks.

"Yes, I am! I am so excited. The venue looks good so far and the food will be amazing! Reka, they really doing the damn thing! Thank you for the recommendation,"

"You're welcome! I know it was a lot of money, but it's worth it. Did you ever get the balloons?"

"I did after what felt like 12 years! Took forever for my shit to get here! I was about to scrap it all together,"

"Is yo lil boo thing coming?" Reka asked.

"Kai? Yeah, he coming," I blushed.

"No, you blushing," Reka teased.

"Stop! Stop! Girl, he said he got something for me. He always buying me something,"

"As he should,"

"Ya going on what? 2 years?" Kacey asked.

"Yep. The best six months of my life,"

"You know they opening up your brother's case again," Kacey said.

"I don't even wanna think about it. I don't know why! The person who did it is already in jail. You said you saw him do it, right?"

"I'd rather not get into that. Let's just think about you big day tomorrow,"

"No, whats up?"

"Nothing. It's just that it seems a bit sketchy,"

"Yeah, we gone save this conversation for another day. But like I said, they need to close it back up! He had no business killing my brother. They said they got the wrong guy anyways. Sure, RJ wasn't the best civilian, but he should have still been here if they would have paid the fuck attention to who they were going after! But enough of that. I'm about to meet Kai down at the mall in a few. Talk to you guys later on?"

"Yeah,"

"Okay. Imma holla at ya later then and tell ya the details for tomorrow,"

I hung up my phone and rolled my eyes. I didn't wanna think about his case reopening for a reason. After two years, they wanna open his case back up? Absolutely not. They can keep that shit closed! My brother got justice and that's all that matters!

The event is like a 2000's themed party for my anniversary. There's gonna be music, food, drinks, snacks, and photos! I encourage the invited to come and not miss a single thing! They don't wanna miss this shit, I'm telling you! Kai also helped me put some of the party together too. I appreciate him helping me out on a lot of things.

"Aye! Don't be at that party being fast!" Rylo said.

"Boy, you ain't nobody daddy!"

"I don't care! And what about this fed you with?"

"His name is Kai and you know that," I rolled my eyes.

"You couldn't date someone with someone else?"

"I don't wanna date none of yo low life ass friends. I don't do gangs!"

"But you do cops?"

"He isn't even bad!"

"Yeah, okay. Whatever,"

"Are you going to my event tomorrow night at 6?"

"You know I am,"

"Can you please not cause any trouble?"

"Can't make no promises,"

"Then stay yo ass home,"

"Fine," he hissed. "I'll be on my best behavior!"

"Not no mindless shit either, you fucking migraine,"

"Whatever,"