XV

In the twilight's embrace, Pablo's hurried steps echoed on the aged pavement as he approached Rylo's modest abode. His voice was thick with urgency when he knocked upon the weather-beaten door.

"Rylo! Rylo, you gotta let me in!" Pablo's frantic plea pierced the silence.

Rylo, his heart heavy with both grief and trepidation, unlatched the door. Pablo stepped inside, his eyes wide and his breath ragged.

"I saw them, Rylo!" Pablo exclaimed, his words spilling out in a torrent. "Kai and Dez...with that red Honda. The same one from-"

Rylo's body grew cold as Pablo's words conjured up the nightmare that had haunted him for weeks. His brother, RJ, had been the innocent victim of a senseless drive-by shooting, the red Honda leaving behind a trail of shattered glass and broken lives.

"Where are they now? Did you get the plate number?" Rylo demanded, his voice trembling.

Pablo shook his head. "I don't know where they took it, but I have it on record on my phone," He fumbled through his pockets and retrieved his smartphone, his fingers moving frantically across the screen.

A short video began to play, capturing grainy footage of Kai and Dez driving the red Honda. Rylo's blood ran cold as he recognized the unmistakable silhouette. It was the car that had taken his brother from him.

"They parked it at a warehouse downtown, but when I went back, it was gone. I think they're moving it, but I don't know where," Pablo said, his eyes filled with concern. "I don't know what Dez was doing with Kai, but that nigga is green, son! Dead ass!"

A surge of fury coursed through Rylo's veins. "I knew we couldn't fucking trust Dez," he growled, his determination hardening. "I fucking knew it!" he screamed.

Together, they pored over the video, pausing on every frame, searching for any clue that could lead them to Kai and Dez. As they worked, a flicker of hope began to ignite within them—the hope of justice.

Meanwhile, in the shadowy depths of the warehouse, Kai and Dez huddled over the red Honda, their faces etched with a mixture of fear and exhilaration. They had managed to evade capture, but they knew time was running out.

But little did they know, the trail they had left behind was leading Rylo and Pablo straight to them. Justice was on its way, and it would not be denied.