IV

Kai's temper has always been a source of frustration for me. It's like a ticking time bomb, ready to explode at any moment. And tonight was no different. We were out celebrating me tonight, having a good time until Kai got into a heated argument with Rylo. I could see the tension building between them, but I tried to diffuse the situation. I told Kai and Rylo to calm down and not make a scene, but they didn't listen. He just had to prove his point and ended up getting into a physical altercation with my brother.

How am I supposed to forgive him for ruining my night? How am I supposed to trust that he won't do something like this again? And to make matters worse, Rylo, who I specifically told not to start anything, just had to join in and make the situation even more chaotic. I can't believe they would both be so reckless and irresponsible.

I couldn't take it anymore. I had to get out of there before things got even more out of hand. So, I took Kai's keys away from him and left him there, with the option of catching an uber or walking. I didn't want to deal with his anger or any more drama. I just wanted to go home and try to salvage what was left of my night.

But now, I can't help but feel a mix of anger and disappointment towards Kai. How could he let his temper get the best of him and ruin what was supposed to be a fun night out? How could he not see the consequences of his actions? And now, I'm left to deal with the consequences as well. It's not fair.

I just hope that Kai can learn to control his temper and think before he acts. Because if he doesn't, it could not only ruin our relationship, but also cause harm to those around us. I don't want to have to constantly worry about what he might do next. I just want us to be able to enjoy our time together without any unnecessary drama. Is that too much to ask for?

BZZ BZZ BZZ

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Kai yelled.

"Me? What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"You left me here? How am I gonna get back home?"

"You should have thought about all of that before you threw a punch at my brother,"

"He could have brought you a gift!"

"It doesn't matter, Kai! That is still my brother at the end of the day,"

"Rylan--"

"And don't be expecting to sleep in the bed tonight either! You can go home, or sleep on the couch. I don't give a fuck!"

"Wait-"

I hung up the phone on his ass. I can't believe this. All I ever wanted was for someone to be proud of me and be my support system and they can't even do that! Rylo is a piece of shit too because you could have walked away as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rizo, let's go!" Rylo said, urging his brother to leave the venue.

"On my way," Rizo responded, adjusting his mask.

"What's with the mask, man?" Rylo asked, curious.

"Is it bothering ya? Damn!" Rizo replied, shrugging it off as they hurriedly made their way out and drove back home.

"Kai, what the fuck!?" Don questioned, puzzled by the situation.

"Yeah, buddy! One minute you were eating, the next you were fighting with Rylo?" Pablo chimed in, enjoying his mac and cheese.

"I've got a lot going on right now. I can't really talk about it," Kai explained, feeling overwhelmed.

"You need to sort it out. Fighting with Rylan's brother isn't cool," Don advised, concerned.

"Respect is important, and that's all there is to it. I'm done," Kai stated firmly.

"But there must be more to it than just a fight--" Pablo interjected.

"I don't care! I'm done," Kai reiterated, ending the conversation.

~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, I woke up and did a good stretch before getting out of bed

The next morning, I woke up and did a good stretch before getting out of bed. I had the urge to see if Kai was downstairs, but at the same time, I didn't give a fuck. I didn't get any missed calls for Rylo, which said a lot. I rolled my eyes and decided to finally get out of bed. I went downstairs to make some breakfast. I turned on the tv that was in the kitchen and the news was on.

"Former Officer of the police department, Officer Grey, who has been charged with first- and second-degree murder of RJ Harrison, is going back on trial. The case has been reopened and is ready for trial. This turn of events has reignited the debate surrounding police accountability and the need for reform within law enforcement agencies. It has also reopened old wounds for the community, as they grapple with the implications of a former officer being implicated in such a serious crime. The upcoming trial is now seen as a pivotal moment in determining the future of police-community relations and the pursuit of justice for all. The date of the trial is set to September 29th." the news anchor said.

Maybe this is why Kai is so stressed out. The pressure he's getting from the press and from the public...but that doesn't give him a right to just take his anger out on people.

*Sigh

"I need to just focus on the good. They are just opening up a can of worms with this case. Let my brother rest wherever he is! I'm so sick of hearing about this shit!" I said, turning the tv off.

My brother does not deserve this