Chapter 3 ~ staying close ~

Narong felt better after his friend dropped him off at home even better still when he found his beloved bike already waiting for him, of course they had stopped to talk for a while and even though he hated other people riding his bike it had been the best course of action considering it hadn't been safe for him to ride in that state.

After going inside to eat with his parents he went up to his room but he couldn't settle, his wolf was sulking and whining so he decided to go for a run. He went back downstairs and out into the yard before stripping naked then he rolled his pants up and tied a band around them.

Shifting into his wolf form he carefully picked up the roll in his teeth and set off running, he ran across the fields and through the wooded areas until he reached the big lake which was still part of his packs territory. 

He dropped the roll and ran into the lake swimming and splashing for a while before he started to feel a little cold then he walked out and shook himself almost dry before shifting back into his human form then he picked up his pants, unrolled them and put them back on.

The waxing moon shone down making it look ethereal and almost like daytime and Narong looked up admiring its glow, another few days and it would be full. His thoughts went back to the man called Nakhun and he wondered what he was doing right now? the guy was probably in bed.

He thought back to how his wolf had behaved earlier, that had never happened to him before but if his friend was right and the human was his mate, that explained everything. He wanted to go back, he wanted to be near that man, to be able to smell his scent and know he was close by and safe.

Narong remembered how hard he had become, the desire to mark the human had been overwhelming, even now he had to constantly resist the urge to go back there. 

He wondered why he had never met him before and he wanted to know more, tomorrow was Saturday and he toyed with the idea of driving back up there but what if his wolf started acting up again?

"I won't, I swear" his wolf finally communicated after sulking all day.

"do you swear on the Goddess because if I can't control you, our mate could be harmed" Narong replied to his wolf.

"I swear, you should know I wouldn't do anything to harm him, I love him"

"you mustn't reveal yourself to him either, you could frighten him" Narong said in his mind.

"I swear, I will hold back"

"then we will go back tomorrow" Narong replied.

"why can't we go now ..."

"he will be asleep"

"I want to go now" Narong's wolf whined.

"very well but remember your promise"

Narong stripped out of his pants once more and rolled them again before picking them up and running towards the road but keeping out of sight, he didn't want to be seen by humans.

It was dangerous because he was leaving his own territory but he hadn't sensed any other packs earlier on when he and his friends had visited the bar.

It took him just under an hour to reach the bar then he remained in wolf form and sat in the shadows just watching the building. As he watched he saw a light come on upstairs and after a while he saw his mate come out onto the balcony which overlooked the road.

He was wearing shorts and a vest so Narong assumed he was ready for bed and he looked so darn cute. It took all his remaining effort not to pad over there and scratch at the door to be let in but while he was thinking it, he realised his paws were doing it.