Chapter 18 ~ unsettled ~

Pon sat in his apartment not even bothering to turn on the lights, the darkness was a reflection of how he felt, a part of him regretted confessing his feelings to Jensen but the time had seemed so right.

He had just discovered that the person he loved wasn't averse to dating guys so he'd taken the chance as it presented itself, unfortunately it had backfired and Jensen had pretty much said he would never return his feelings

He and Jensen had been inseparable over the years, everyone knew that wherever one was, the other wouldn't be far away. It had been like that since they were around ten years old and Pon had protected Jensen from getting bullied.

The other kids teased him saying that he had weird teeth sometimes and his eyes were scary but it wasn't until they had got older and Jensen had trusted Pon enough to tell him the truth that they had both realised that when he was anxious, his canines extended and his eyes glowed.

His parents hadn't really thought it through sending him to a human school before he was old enough to fully control his wolf but Pon had protected him and deflected the accusations by saying he had eye infections or that he was playing around with candy vampire teeth and the other kids had believed his lies.

Pon should have been scared but he wasn't, on the contrary he was in awe of his handsome friend and the older they grew he realised that what he felt for Jensen was more than friendship.

No one was able to come between them, even the girls because Jensen was never really interested. It was during the first year of college that Jensen's parents passed away and he went back home for the funeral.

He didn't stay away for long though and when he returned Pon took care of him. He discovered that his uncle had taken over the management of his parents businesses until he was old enough to do it himself.

Pon got the impression that Jensen didn't really get on with his uncle or his cousin in that they always made him feel like an outsider. 

To some degree he was because he had spent so long living away from his people but Pon knew that Jensen really cared about them and wanted to utilise everything he had learned over the years to make life better for them.

After college when Jensen had gone back home to his parents house, Pon knew he would miss him terribly and they had agreed that as soon as Jensen was settled he would let him know so he could go and stay with him for a while and Pon had been looking forward to it.

Little did he know that while his best friend was there, he had met someone and the bastard had rejected him!

He had a mind to go there and confront this Duane asshole, if he couldn't have him, at least he could try and talk some sense into the guy he loved, it would kill him but he would do it to make Jensen happy.

He must have fallen asleep at some point because when he opened his eyes the sun was streaming in through the windows and he had a message from Jensen saying he was sorry that he couldn't return his feelings and he didn't want to lose him as a friend.

Pon had replied back saying of course he wouldn't lose him but he would take some time to try to get over his feelings. In truth, he was going to drive to Jensen's home town and find this Duane character.

It was a couple of days later that Pon arrived at the big house on the pack land and was asking after a guy called Duane,

Narong's mother didn't know who this stranger was or why he wanted to see Duane so she pretended she didn't know anyone by that name, she could sense that he was a human and she couldn't help but wonder what was going on.