Chapter 19 ~ moving on ~

Jensen was numb with grief and had a hard time dealing with the guilt, he felt like Pon's death was all his fault for telling him his secrets in the first place.  

"it's not your fault boy, you were sent away to school at such a young age and left to your own devices, it's no wonder you latched on to the first person to show you kindness" Narong's father had tried to help him.

Pon didn't have any immediate family so Jensen took responsibility for arranging the funeral and covering the costs.

Duane, Nakhun, Narong and his parents all attended a small service where Jensen said a few words and Pon's earthly body was cremated then later his ashes were scattered on pack land close to Jensen's home, at least he would still be with him.

Every time Jensen saw the tattoo on his upper arm he thought of their last night out together and the fun they'd had until Pon had confessed and everything had turned to shit and Jensen would feel so guilty that he couldn't return Pon's romantic feelings.

It was pretty obvious that Jensen was suffering from depression so Duane moved into his house with him to watch over him. With his love and the support from his uncle and aunt, he would slowly begin to recover from the trauma.

Narong's father had been managing Jensen's family businesses since the death of his parents and with Jensen's approval he would continue to do so while Jensen stayed at home and did little job's around the house and grounds

When the timing was right, Duane had told Jensen how sorry he was for everything that had happened between them and he had explained how he'd gone to look for him that day to apologise only to discover that he was too late

They finally admitted that they loved each other and not wanting to wait until the full moon they decided to participate in the mating ritual. 

They would spend many happy hours together just walking hand in hand or sitting in their garden talking and becoming even closer but even though they were happy, Jensen couldn't quite let go of his grief.

Duane would walk into the bathroom and find him staring at the reflection of his tattoo through the mirror while in deep thought or he would find him looking through his pictures of his cell phone.

No matter what everyone said he still couldn't believe the Pon would have betrayed them, even with Tulsi's prophecy because that wasn't the Pon he had grown up with but life went on and the months passed quickly ...

Narong and Nakhun had been dating on the down low for a few months now and Narong was hoping and praying that Nakhun would consent to be his once and for all.

He didn't know how much more he could take being locked in the cellar every month to stop his wolf from ravishing the delectable morsel who slept upstairs in his bed meanwhile Nakhun had decided to complete the mating ritual during the next full moon which was a few day's away.

They had kissed and caressed often but both of them knew it couldn't go on like this, they both wanted more so sealing the deal and marking each other was the next obvious step.

He hadn't told Narong yet about his decision, he wanted it to be a surprise. He and Duane had become quite close this past several weeks so he'd asked Duane for tips and Duane had just said to relax and let nature take it's course.

Nakhun had also done a little online research and had made sure to have lots of lube and condoms on hand.

On the day leading up to the full moon he had decided not to open his cafe and bar, he wanted to be well rested and ready when Narong came home from the office.