Chapter 6 ~ angry ~

The first thing that Nakhun became aware of was softness, he was so comfortable that he felt as if he was cocooned in cotton wool. He could hear children laughing and dogs barking, the sounds becoming clearer until he pushed himself up into a sitting position and his eyes opened to scan an empty room.

It was a luxurious room with antique furniture and the bed he was laying on was one of the most comfortable beds he had ever slept in but wait a minute, the last thing he remembered was fighting with Narong outside of his place.

Where was he, where was that bastard and why was he naked except for his shorts?

He climbed out of bed to find his clothes folded up on a chair and they looked as if they had been laundered. Dressing quickly he went to a window to look outside, the house seemed to be situated in a large clearing surrounded by woodland.

There were people scattered around, talking and laughing and there were young children chasing each other around, laughing and giggling while playing with puppies. There were women hanging sheets out to dry in the breeze while chastising the children and telling them to go and play farther away from the drying laundry.

It was a scene of such warm domesticity and Nakhun couldn't help but feel saddened that it was something he had never experienced but the feeling didn't last long. He needed to find Narong and ask him what the hell he was playing at until he remembered something else.

He remembered Narong taking his clothes off and for a few moments Nakhun had thought he was going to do something bad but then he had changed into a wolf that looked familiar ... nagh surely not, he must have imagined it, maybe Narong had hit him on the head or something?

He walked across to the door and twisted the handle and was surprised when it opened, he had half expected it to be locked. He peered outside but there was no one around so he decided to try and leave.

He walked down a corridor not really knowing where he was heading but then he saw some stairs. He made his way down them cautiously and when he arrived at the foot of the stairs he heard movement to his right.

It was an attractive middle aged woman with dark blonde hair pulled back into a chignon,

"oh, you're awake dear, did you rest well?" she asked.

"where am I and who are you?" Nakhun demanded.

"come through to the kitchen and I'll make you a cup of tea and I'll explain everything" she replied.

"I don't want a cup of tea, I want to go home" Nakhun said.

"I know you do dear but you really need to stay here, just for a few days until after the full moon, it's for your own safety" the woman said.

"I can protect myself, I've been doing it for most of my life" Nakhun replied.

"I know dear, I saw what you did to my son and I'll forgive you but only this one time, I can understand how frightened you must have been"

"your son?"

"yes dear, Narong is my son"

"where is he anyway?" Nakhun asked.

"he's downstairs right now dear, you won't see him until after the full moon"

"I don't understand?" Nakhun said looking confused.

"that idiot boy, he really hasn't explained anything has he? look, please come with me and I'll explain, would you do that?" she asked.

Nakhun looked at the woman, she seemed friendly enough so he decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and nodded following her into a large country style kitchen where she proceeded to make two steaming mugs of tea.