Chapter 11 ~ fresh start ~

The drive back to the pack house seemed unusually long as Nakhun followed behind Narong and his father. 

When he thought about it they were both equally responsible for all the misunderstandings that had occurred since their meeting but that didn't excuse his accusations towards Narong's parents who had been nothing but kind to him, he should apologise for that if nothing else.

There had been misunderstandings all round but Nakhun knew that Narong and his family had done everything with the best of intentions, for his own protection and in the hope that he would accept Narong as his mate.

While Nakhun was thinking about everything that had happened, Narong drove quietly with his father beside him oblivious to his inner turmoil, he couldn't help but keep looking through his rear view mirror to make sure that Nakhun hadn't changed his mind but if he did, Narong was not going to chase after him anymore.

His accusations this morning had hurt him so much, they had spent their first night together while he was in human form just sleeping in each other's arms and he had felt so happy when he had woke up only to have that happiness torn away when Nakhun couldn't remember the events of the previous evening.

He glanced in the mirror again as he indicated to turn right and saw Nakhun's light flicking behind him.

He felt bad for acting cold and indifferent towards Nakhun but it was the only way he could control his wolf from trying to take it to the next level so he would do what he needed to do unless Nakhun told him otherwise.

Nakhun indicated right following Narong and his father then caught his reflection in the rear view mirror and found he was staring into a pair of blue eyes,

 "what?" he asked the reflection.

 "what do you mean, what? I never said anything" his wolf replied.

 "you don't need to, I can sense something in your eyes" Nakhun said.

 "right, you've been talking to me for all of a few hours and suddenly you know all about me?" his wolf said.

 "well what more is there to know? " Nakhun asked.

 "when are you going to let me out again?"

 "what do you mean? " Nakhun said.

 "when are you going to shift again and let me stretch my legs, it's the only way I can become strong enough to protect both of us and you need to practice more" his wolf replied.

 "maybe tomorrow? I don't know" was Nakhun's reply.

 "I suppose that's better than nothing" his wolf replied and went silent.

Nakhun sighed, was his wolf pissed off with him as well? Soon they were driving down the long road towards the entrance to the pack house and Nakhun relaxed as the familiar feeling of safety enveloped him.

The van in front pulled up in front of the house and Nakhun drew up beside it before climbing out.

"it's late, we should all get some sleep, goodnight boys" Narong's father said as they walked inside and went up to his own suite of rooms

"goodnight dad, you take the same room again Nakhun" Narong said.

"goodnight Mr Mapapreet sir, what about you? I don't want to take your room" Nakhun said.

"don't worry about me, I can sleep anywhere" Narong replied.

"are you sure?" Nakhun asked.

"mmm, go on up to bed and we'll talk tomorrow" Narong said.