Chapter 2 // The court session

All good things had to end, as simple as they were. Everything is temporary.

Grian was standing right next to his father, Neom, and his sister, Pearl. They were there to witness how one of the citizens was judged.

Grian knew the citizen, his name was Doc and he had been accused for having an unusual amount of redstone. Grian thought that it wasn't fair at all, since he was one of the best engineers of the kingdom. But his father would take any opportunity to judge someone, he was truly addicted to it, and he found it sickening.

"(/G) We are here to witness the judgment of our citizen, Doc. One of our knights has informed me about the suspicious amount of redstone he has. He may choose a door now, fate will speak" Announced the king.

Grian looked over to Pearl, who was whispering a spell in Vijleo, a language only used to cast spells. "(/V)Magia revelato" He casted this spell so that he could see the magic that his sister was using. A purple trail went directly into Doc's mind and led him to the door that would deem him innocent.

Grian had told his father that everyone knew about Doc's love for another citizen named Ren, who quite obviously loved Doc back, so the brunette was the one behind the door.

At least this time the life of an innocent man was saved and he was able to marry the one he loved.

The two males hugged each other, now able to love each other for the rest of their lives.

Grian let out a sigh of relief and whispered a quiet "Good job" to his sister, who was starting to dominate ancient magic. She had to learn in secret since their father thought that magic wasn't good and it was something to be judged for, but he had forgotten to take the magic books away from the castle's library. That small mistake, had allowed the princes to learn from those books, and have a weapon unknown to Neom.

~ · ~

After the whole judgment, now at night, Grian was back in his room, sitting on his bed with Scar by his side. The knight was carefully taking off the chains of the veil since Grian had already given up.

Scar placed the piece of fabric on Grian's bedside table, he was glad that he could see the prince's face now. He always took the opportunity to kiss him at this time of the day, when the shorter man didn't have to hide his face from the world and act like a man he wasn't.

And so he did it, he kissed Grian, over and over again, whispering how beautiful and amazing he was whenever they separated to catch their breaths.

Grian always loved night time, the only time of the day in which he could actually do whatever he wanted without having to fear his father lecturing him over it. So he kissed back with all his passion and love for the knight, not wanting to let go of him, and deciding, once again, to forget about his title for a short while and enjoy life.

But what they didn't expect was that Neom would decide to roam that side of the castle and hear them kissing in their room. Neom looked confused at the noises and opened the door without knocking, finding his son, the future king, on top of his knight, and, to make it worse, making out with him.

The king hid behind the door, thinking of what he just saw and trying to wrap his head around the fact that his son was in love with his personal guard.

He finally went back into the room and coughed, getting the two men's attention. Grian's eyes widened as Neom spoke, "Care to explain yourselves?". Scar tried to reply, but Grian was faster, "It was my fault! We aren't that close, it just happened tonight, I don't even love him, I don't know what I was thinking, I'm truly sorry, father".

When Scar heard those words coming from his beloved, his heart shattered into a million pieces, he didn't know what to do, if he should believe it or not, but all the sudden emotions made him believe every word Grian had told his father.

He thought about the promise he had made earlier that morning, how all his words were meaningless to the prince, he tried to act composed though, he had already screwed up enough by getting caught.

When the king left the room, Scar got up and went to his own too, not speaking to Grian for the rest of the night.

Grian was left confused and devastated, he saw how much his words had affected the knight, and he felt awful. He decided to not bother him that night, since he knew that his father would most likely take the opportunity to judge him as soon as possible.