Chapter 6 // My hero

I decided to be nice with you guys

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Tango dodged it, his horse moving to the side on impulse. Martyn took the opportunity and hit the bandit on the back of the head.

The other bandits started highlighting them too. Jimmy was frozen, he was witnessing how his best friends were fighting for him, to save his life, and he wasn't doing anything to help them.

Then, when only one bandit was left standing, said criminal managed to stab Tango on the side of his armour, where he was unprotected.

Jimmy, filled with rage, got off from his horse and picked up the first weapon he saw. Rapidly, he struck against the criminal, ending his life almost instantly as he had stabbed directly through his heart, twisted the weapon and took it out.

Martyn looked surprised when he saw Jimmy do that, but smiled proudly for a moment before realising that Tango was badly injured.

Jimmy dropped to his knees next to Tango, putting his hands over his wound, applying pressure to try and save his life.

Tango started coughing, the weapon had torn through his lung and he was starting to asphyxiate. Jimmy soon took notice of it and held him close to him.

Tango. The only thing in Jimmy's mind. His knight, best friend, and even if he didn't want to admit it, the other person who he loved.

"Martyn, help me get him on a horse! We're close to the kingdom!" Jimmy cried, he wouldn't be able to cope with losing him. Not after his mother's passing.

Martyn quickly snapped out of his shock and helped Jimmy get Tango on the prince's horse and tied Tango to his own. They started galloping as fast as they could.

Jimmy held Tango close, putting pressure on his wound as they rapidly approached the encounter point they had accorded with Grian and Pearl.

The two royals gasped at the sight of Tango. "Get him to safety! Please!" Shouted Jimmy, still crying because of it.

Grian and Jimmy picked Tango up as they rushed him quietly to Grian's chambers, where Scar was.

Scar placed him on the bed and told Pearl to go to the infirmary and get him healing potions and bandages.

Jimmy hadn't stopped applying pressure to the wound at any moment, Scar thanked him for that and started checking on some basic stuff.

Pearl rushed back into the room and placed the objects on the bed.

Grian pulled Jimmy to another corner of the room. "What happened?" He asked.

Jimmy took a deep breath and calmed himself before replying, "Some bandits attacked us right before we reached the kingdom... He... He got that wound protecting me..."

Grian hugged him while trying to reassure him, "It's fine little brother, everything will be okay."

Jimmy hugged him tighter, having missed his siblings while he was away in Rivendell, and with all of the events of that day, he finally broke down.

Grian's heart twisted when seeing his little brother like that, so he tried his best to comfort him and make sure that he was okay.

~ · ~

A few minutes passed, Jimmy had been sitting next to Tango the whole time after Scar had finished patching him up, holding the blonde's hand and looking at him.

Then, Tango's hand twitched lightly and he started waking up.

"Hi..." Tango said in a soft sleepy voice.

"Hi..." Replied Jimmy, smiling at him. He brushed Tango's hair off of his face and held his hand again. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm still hurting quite a bit..." Tango mentioned.

Jimm rubbed circles on the back of his hand as he tried to soothe him a bit, "Do you want me to get Scar for you? He's the one that saved you"

"You saved me, Jimmy." Corrected Tango, "you are the one that picked me up from the ground and brought me all the way here, just for a little hope of me surviving. You are my hero."

Jimmy blushed lightly as he smiled at him, "still, do you want me to call him over?"

"I'll be fine, it only hurts a bit," Tango replied.

"You deserve it though," He continued "You also saved me, you are also my hero"

"I didn't do much," Tango argued.

"You did, if it wasn't for you, the void knows what would have happened to me," Corrected Jimmy, "You're amazing, Tango.

Tango smiled at him and yawned.

"Sleep, Tango, you need it"