Chapter 7 // The plan goes into action

Two days passed and the judgement day was here. Grian and Scar were in the prince's chambers, they were both extremely nervous and worried, in case Neom figured their plan out, or found Jimmy, or anything went south.

Scar was holding Grian in his arms as they were both sitting on the bed, Grian had his head resting on Scar's shoulder while the knight ran his fingers through his hair.

They spent their last moments together in each other's arms, enjoying the calm before the storm.

Scar was debating on whether he would prefer choosing the innocence door or not, on one hand, he would stay alive but wouldn't be able to stay by Grian's side. He would rather die than have to marry someone he didn't love.

~ · ~

Jimmy had dressed up as Grian and Grian was put into the innocence door, disguised as a commoner.

The king, Neom, started his usual announcement of telling why he was being judged, (which, when the citizens heard the reason, made them angry at the king) and made Scar choose a door.Saying that Scar was nervous was an understatement.

he glanced at Pearl who signalled at the door to the left and made a small halo with her hands. Scar turned to face it, but he had made up his mind that morning, so he turned to the door to the right, knowing well what hid behind it.

Lapis was in the crowd, Grian had seen her, when she looked at Grian behind the door she looked shocked. She didn't expect the prince to be there, wasn't he next to Neom? If it wasn't Grian who was beside the king, then who was it?

Her mind was racing, so many questions flooding her brain. She decided to just wait, hoping that her questions would be answered.

Pearl murmured a swear under her breath when she saw Scar. Jimmy whispered in her ear to please try to do something. She then remembered about her magic.

She started chanting the mind controlling spell, but had to pause once Neom looked at her to try and figure out what she was saying.

Jimmy noticed and tried to distract him by faking a cough attack, which Neom became too busy by trying to stop it.

In the crowd, Tango immediately got concerned, knowing that it was in fact not Grian, but Jimmy behind that veil. He tried to go there, but Martyn didn't let him.

"(/V) Semita imperium" Pearl managed to murmur clear enough to control Scar's body and lead him to the door.

He didn't have any other option but to open said door, and he felt like he was about to cry when he saw Grian, his partner, on the other side.

Neom gasped, he couldn't believe his eyes, Grian, his son, was right there. He turned around to where Grian supposedly was by his side. That person took off their veil and looked directly into his eyes.

Neom gasped, Jimmy, his youngest son who he had married to another emperor was right by his side. He didn't know what to do, if he should stop what was going on with Grian and Scar or if he should ask Jimmy about what was happening.

Grian opened his arms and smiled at Scar as he immediately hugged him, they embraced each other tightly as they finally broke down crying together.

"How...?" Asked Scar quietly out of pure disbelief.

"I took this place to be able to stay with you. The law says that we are to marry forcefully now." Replied Grian while smiling brightly. "If you want to, of course, I mean, I'm still the crowned prince..." He added, blushing while he looked away.

Scar put two fingers on Grian's chin and moved his head to look at him.

"I told you I would take that veil away from you, didn't I?" Replied Scar while smirking lightly, fondness dripping from every word he spoke.

"You did," He replied softly, looking into those emerald green eyes.

They both leaned in and connected their lips in a loving and passionate kiss.

Neom was absolutely shocked, Grian had told him that it was only a one time thing, but now that he looked back at what happened, and their behaviour together for the past few months, he realised that what he was attempting to do, was not protect his son, but hurt him.

So he stayed on the sidelines, and decided not to intervene.

Grian and Scar looked right into each other's eyes when they pulled away, having finally found their peace.