Chapter 3 // The plan

That afternoon, Grian got called to his father's office. He explained that the judgment would take place two weeks from that same day.

When Grian got out of the office, he went straight to his sister and told her that information. With that, Pearl finally got an idea.

"We could try to ask Jimmy for help..." She mumbled the rest of her ideas, Grian was confused but decided to not interrupt his sister, she seemed to have a pretty good idea, so he just waited for her to finish processing her ideas.

When she finally stopped mumbling she turned back to facing her brother, "I know what we can do, I'll just need to find out who father wants to marry Scar to and we can start with our plan"

"I could try asking his assistant, she may know and I'm quite close to her..." Mentioned Grian as he thought of alternative ways to find out if that one didn't work

"That sounds like a very good idea," Replied Pearl "you mean Lizzie, right?" She asked, just to make sure.

"Yes, Lizzie. She might be able to give me some information on who they are going to put behind the door, I'm pretty sure she is the one that usually chooses that." Grian explained.

Pearl looked pleased with the information, "Well, you should go ask her as soon as possible, we don't have much time after all"

Grian nodded and went off to Lizzie's office, she was looking through different papers on her desk, taking notes on a small notepad beside her.

Grian approached her and finally spoke, "Greetings, Lizzie"

Her head shot up, not expecting to have any visitors that day, "Greetings to you too, your highness"

"You know you can call me Grian, Lizzie," Grian reminded her.

"Yes, I'm just not used to it yet..." She sat down and offered Grian a seat too. "So, what do you need?"

"I, uhm... You know how Scar will be judged in a week?" Begun Grian, Lapis nodded, "Well, I wanted to ask you if you could tell me who you will put behind the door. Just curiosity"

"Yes, give me a second." She looked through her notes until she found the paper that said who it was going to be, "It's, uh... Lapis, the miner"

Grian thanked her and walked back to the library, where Pearl was waiting for him.

She was almost finished writing a letter when Grian came back, Grian wondered what it was about and asked. "I'm contacting our brother. If everything goes well we will need his help to save Scar from the judgment." Answered Pearl.

Grian nodded in acknowledgement, "Lizzie told me that they are going to put a woman named Lapis behind the door, she's a miner."

//////////////

I'm so sorry about this chapter being so short. I tried to keep writing it, but I wasn't really getting anywhere, so I had to make it shorter than usual.