Chapter 9 // A new start

Grian was in his room with both Pearl and Jimmy, it was a big day for the kingdom, the day in which a new king (himself) would be crowned and a royal wedding would take place (also his).

Pearl and Jimmy were talking excitedly about it, at some point Grian just gave up on trying to understand what they were saying, but he couldn't avoid the small fond smile that crept up on his face because of his younger siblings.

At some point the two royals' conversation had changed into the topic of Scott arriving soon to the kingdom as he had also been invited to the wedding. Grian did join in on that one since their excitement had died down and their rambling had turned into normal-paced words and sentences. Pearl and Grian didn't turn down the opportunity to tease Jimmy about his husband though.

Once that also passed. Pearl had the bright idea of looking at the time, and audibly gasped when she realised that they had spent far too much time on silly conversations, so now they had to rush on getting Grian ready for his wedding. "Jimmy, you go get his clothes, I'll do the rest."

Jimmy quickly got up and went to look for his brother's clothing, he quickly came back, it was a white suit with red and gold motives representing vines and his name in both vijleo and galactic on the sleeves that he had embroidered himself.

Pearl quickly got to work and started carefully tangling the veil chains in Grian's hair along with some golden ornaments.

Both Pearl and Jimmy looked proud of their work as they started walking him to the place where the ceremony would take place. Grian's nerves were skyrocketing, he couldn't wait for his future as it looked bright.

They finally got to where the wedding would take place, Pearl and Jimmy took either of Grian's hands in their and walked with him until they arrived at the altar, where Scar, who was wearing the same as Grian but in black and green, was waiting for them.

Neom was sitting on the front row along with Scar's parents, who looked both proud and excited for their son. They had been extremely shocked to hear that he would be wedded to the future king, and even happier to know that they truly did love each other.

Grian and Scar were looking right into each other's eyes as they exchanged their vows.

Grian started, "We have been through so much together, and I couldn't have made it without you, we have shared so many years of our lives together, hiding from the world, and not letting anyone see. But today, here, in front of all our friends and family, I promise to show my love for you to the world, and not hide anymore."

Scar smiled widely at him and started talking too, "I spent all these years caring for you the best I could, even if I've never known what I did to deserve you. A few weeks back I made a promise, to take that veil away from you, and allow the world to see your face, because I love you, and want to see your happiness for the rest of my life. I promise to love you until the end of time, forever."

Both of them took a step forward and took each other's hands in theirs. The wedding officiator recited an ancient saying to protect them and their bond together.

Neom had allowed magic for their wedding, so that an eternal bond could be created between the young couple, he had been told that there was someone who knew magic between the attendants, so he left the task to them, he just didn't expect it to be his daughter.

Pearl stood up and walked behind Grian and Scar, right between them, she took a deep breath and put her hands over theirs, starting to recite the enchantment, "(/V) Aterno vinculo colligas has animas." Small streaks of powerful purple light came out of her hands and onto the couple's, she continued, "(/V) Ament se extrinsecus"

The light streaks became purple strings that tied Grian and Scar's hands together and disappeared into the air, bonding their souls through love.

Everyone was left amazed, but the ceremony wasn't over yet, Scar brought his hands carefully to Grian's veil chains and started freeing them. He took the piece of fabric in his hands and left it on a small table near them. Finally, they were told they could kiss each other, ending the ceremony with a display of their love.

When the ceremony was over, they moved to the palace's throne room. Where the coronation of the newly wedded kings would take place.

Neom was now right behind Scar and Grian, with two crowns next to him, one for each one of the new rulers. They were made to fit their personalities. Grian's had rubies and pearls, Scar's had emeralds and pearls too.

"(/G) We're all reunited here to celebrate a new start of a new era, one that I'm sure will bring prosperity and brightness to our beloved kingdom."

Everyone cheered as the crowns were placed on Grian's and Scar's heads, who were kneeled down in front of Neom. He took off his crown and placed it in front of him, "You may rise."

Everyone clapped and cheered as the two new kings stood up. Grian and Scar held hands as they stood firmly before everyone, they gave each other a sense of security and confidence, knowing that they would rule powerfully and most importantly: fairly, not taking chances with their love.